Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uh-oh

+14
twaters
Ip Lockard
Squiddy
Biblin
Mephit
tim09
StanWephen
TheTruePredator
Satya
widdows9000
Macbeth
Kumnaa
Flamur
Bob Boblo
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Uh-oh - Page 3 Empty Re: Uh-oh

Post by Squiddy Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:28 am

lol that is true, but even if just China helped it'd probably have been over by now, unless they decided to pull some crazy stunt to take over everything.
Squiddy
Squiddy

Number of posts : 2381
eLocation : London, England
Erepublik Username : Squiddy
E-rep function: : President of TUP, Congressman, MoFA, Reserve CO, Director at Zycon and Executive Director at BMA
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:21 pm

China looks after it's own (plus or minus a few). Given it has the world's largest conventional armed forces and the "We all lose" button, its another one of those countries that doesn't really get messed with on any great level.

Plus given China's human rights record, I'm not sure it'd go down too well wherever they helped out. Sad
Mephit
Mephit

Number of posts : 519
eLocation : Oxford (RL: Reading)
Erepublik Username : Mephit
E-rep function: : Comrade Citizen
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Basically the question "should be interfere or not", should be refrained in "do you want to pay more money for your gaz and oil next winter?"
shadow
shadow
Ex-Admin

Number of posts : 2942
Erepublik Username : shadowukcs
E-rep function: : Admin, Aurum founder, UKRP founder, ex-president, ex-mayor, UKCS, Mi-6 founder
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiddy Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Sure, but at least we, the UK, aren't just throwing around a couple of thousand troops, killing a ton of citizens and then taking the oil. We've had extensive training programmes for the Iraqi military and police services and helped a great deal with infrastructure and the general consturction/replacement of other buildings.

I think we deserve some oil.
Squiddy
Squiddy

Number of posts : 2381
eLocation : London, England
Erepublik Username : Squiddy
E-rep function: : President of TUP, Congressman, MoFA, Reserve CO, Director at Zycon and Executive Director at BMA
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:12 pm

shadow wrote:Basically the question "should be interfere or not", should be refrained in "do you want to pay more money for your gaz and oil next winter?"

I don't!

Therefore, Russia was right. End of.

But typically, the issue of who was right or wrong depends on the newspapers we read and what propaganda we choose to accept. I think the below article puts it well - Russia only seems in the wrong because its losing the propaganda game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7562611.stm
StanWephen
StanWephen

Number of posts : 1621
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : Stan Wephen
E-rep function: : Minister of Education
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pughie Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:15 pm

"Georgia has a right to try and defeat armed separatists in their own region do they not? If a group in Liverpool suddenly armed themselves, declared themselves independent and threatened the government do you think our military would do nothing?"

that was happening this summer but has been delayed because of the capital of culture thing.

as has been said lets be honest the west democracies havent exactly been clever over the past 10 years with the invasion of iraq and to a lesser extent afghanistan.

from what ive seen Russia worked this all out quite well and has been planning this for a good while. ossetia breaks away and obviously the russia 29th army? i think it was, is camped out over the border waiting for this to happen. what they had to bank on was georgia taking the bait and invading south ossetia which they did. so therefore with it being pro-russian seperatists who nearly all hold russian passports aswell as georgian, then obviously russia are going to intervene. so on the whole russia has done well out of this they new the west wasnt well placed to do anything, and have gained a foothold into a small former soviet state.

to be honest russias the one to watch militarily over the net 10 years with china close in behind it. its started up its old fly bys of bombers close to our airspace as it did during the cold war and its constantly holding military exercises with china and it continues to threaten everyone and his dog with nuclear weapons.
Pughie
Pughie

Number of posts : 247
eLocation : Liverpool
Erepublik Username : Pughie
E-rep function: : Managing the eLiverpool Car Theft Association, PCP Congressman
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:13 am

StanWephen wrote:
But typically, the issue of who was right or wrong depends on the newspapers we read and what propaganda we choose to accept. I think the below article puts it well - Russia only seems in the wrong because its losing the propaganda game.
In a chunk of Western countries, maybe. Biased media for Georgia and against Russia? Surely not! Rolling Eyes
Mephit
Mephit

Number of posts : 519
eLocation : Oxford (RL: Reading)
Erepublik Username : Mephit
E-rep function: : Comrade Citizen
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:21 am

I actually feel sorry for the Russian ppl, in their whole history they have never known freedom and democracy. Sad actually.

but back on topic: have you seen the war continued on the net? There was a Massive amount of government controlled internet attacks on Georgian services. It had gone even so far that all officials had to communicate over gmail accounts. The internet is becoming more and more a weapon in modern warfare.
shadow
shadow
Ex-Admin

Number of posts : 2942
Erepublik Username : shadowukcs
E-rep function: : Admin, Aurum founder, UKRP founder, ex-president, ex-mayor, UKCS, Mi-6 founder
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruePredator Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:46 am

Yeah I heard about that pretty funny some Russians had hacked the Georgian military site I think and posted pictures of the Georgian president amongst the likes of hitler and other hated leaders
TheTruePredator
TheTruePredator

Number of posts : 658
eLocation : Leeds
Erepublik Username : TheTruePredator
E-rep function: : Para CO, PCP member, war council member
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down