Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

+4
Will Salmon
rastari
SaraDroz
EJPayne94
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP) Empty Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:38 am

Hi, you may remember me.
I was the last perosn to win the congress elections and i am applying for it again!
There are lots of reasons why i want to be congress here are my top 3. :-)

My Life:
As soon as i started eRepublik i did not realise how much fun and laughs i will get, My first ambition was to earn a achievement and join a party (I have done those two things). Then when it was at my 10th day of eRepublik i decided i wanted to be major but with may lack of war experience and my low level my appliction got rejected however They did promote me to sergent which im am still proud of today. In about 1 Month playing the game i decided i wanted to be congressman for London I did not think 1 minute as i applied that i would win but weirdly i did, I have been helping squiddy with BMA and have posted some great topics on the fourms. Currently i am trying to help Stan with the core and im waiting for the pm back.

My Topics:
Some of my topics include Global Warming and Puting up advertising on the fourm to pay gold Both of these have been quite popular. When i am at congress i am never to scared to put my ideas out such as lowering the mininum wage and Decreasing Tax on wood. Even if these ideas were not the best i have no regrets.

What Will this region be different from the others?:

I have loads of ideas for this region to stand out from the others, I will try and make people who live in Lower Normandy Get a shout even if they are not congressman or women. I will start on Organization were People who live in Normandy can donate and the people who have donted will be in a fourm were everyone has donated this will allow a good community and spirit. all of the money will be going to poeple who have done some amazing things such as:
Did the highest amount of damage in a battlefield or
A person who has recieved the hord workers medal 3 times.
You may be wondering who would want to donate? I whould not mind donating 20 GBP per week for this organzition.
Others idea include Hall of Honur In the RN people who have hitten 500+ damage will be able to Put their name in the Hall of honur and a reward for this is getting a special avatar (From me) Saying: Hall of Honur. plus will get 10GBP per 500 they hit.
This should make a nice community effect and see who can hit the highest.

For my Last idea i would make a topic called suggestions in LN were people can post there suggestions for LN.

This is why you should pick me.

-EJPayne for congressman

Last edited by EJPayne94 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Number of posts : 279
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : EJPayne
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP) Empty Re: Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:31 am

EJ, are you in London or Normandy?
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Number of posts : 502
eLocation : UK London
Erepublik Username : SaraDroz
E-rep function: : Easy Platoon Sargeant
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.pxr.net/theempire

Back to top Go down

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP) Empty Re: Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am

um i don't want to be negative and i don't want to start a flame war but i am going to have to raise some questions about section 2 in particular, well both your pay people to join the forums and lowering the minimum age we're rejected so i don't really class them as good ideas, ideas yes and it shows that you've been putting your opinion across, which is a good thing i suppose.
rastari
rastari

Number of posts : 2428
eLocation : india
Erepublik Username : rastari
E-rep function: : member of pcp
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 am

Point 2, you were against the war that gained the region you are applying for. That doesn't make sense - unless you want to get into congress and reverse it.
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Number of posts : 457
eLocation : Walloon
Erepublik Username : Will Salmon
E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 am

Will Salmon wrote:Point 2, you were against the war that gained the region you are applying for. That doesn't make sense - unless you want to get into congress and reverse it.
Thats the whole point!
I can speack French so i will be able to communicate with the people.
I doubt The french are going to appreciate if a English congressman or women comes there and can not speack french.

Last edited by EJPayne94 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am

rastari wrote:um i don't want to be negative and i don't want to start a flame war but i am going to have to raise some questions about section 2 in particular, well both your pay people to join the forums and lowering the minimum age we're rejected so i don't really class them as good ideas, ideas yes and it shows that you've been putting your opinion across, which is a good thing i suppose.

Well 60% of the people who voted in congress like the idea but the 40% who didnt were very influentual.

Also i agree lowering the mininum wage couldnt be done because yu cant lower the wage the mininum is 1.

What im saying is that i a congressman who ikes putting ideas forward are you saying thats a bad?
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 am

"it shows that you've been putting your opinion across, which is a good thing i suppose."
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 am

I'm not fluent in French I'll admit, mais je peux comprendre le francais Razz But considering that the French have left LN, and this is part of the UK, I am far more interested in helping the new British immigrants rather than talking with the French we are still at war with, unless they want to peacefully resettle their lands, which they are welcome to do Very Happy

And what do you mean "Thats the whole point!", you want to lose LN?
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:26 am

Will Salmon wrote:I'm not fluent in French I'll admit, mais je peux comprendre le francais Razz But considering that the French have left LN, and this is part of the UK, I am far more interested in helping the new British immigrants rather than talking with the French we are still at war with, unless they want to peacefully resettle their lands, which they are welcome to do Very Happy

And what do you mean "Thats the whole point!", you want to lose LN?

So how exactly will you make Britsh people go to LN?

And no, I do not want to lose LN!
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 am

the british people are already in LN, the navy is stationed here
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:33 am

Well indirectly I'll be helping Brits come over here through the MoMS. Directly I would encourage ppl to come over by making sure LN is properly defended, with a hospital and employment opportunities. And Rastari is right, there are quite a few Brits here already.

How would I make this happen I hear you ask Razz

We are already quite well defended with a RN presence, I would try to maintain this.
A hospital would naturally come along as we further settle the region, if not I would press the government to provide one.
I would encourage businesses by ensuring protection and I would contact newspapers, or make a regional paper, to encourage citizens to move over because of the opportunities and companies to come over for the potential profits. I would target London because of the overcrowdness there.

What would you do EJ?
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:01 am

Will Salmon wrote:Well indirectly I'll be helping Brits come over here through the MoMS. Directly I would encourage ppl to come over by making sure LN is properly defended, with a hospital and employment opportunities. And Rastari is right, there are quite a few Brits here already.

How would I make this happen I hear you ask Razz

We are already quite well defended with a RN presence, I would try to maintain this.
A hospital would naturally come along as we further settle the region, if not I would press the government to provide one.
I would encourage businesses by ensuring protection and I would contact newspapers, or make a regional paper, to encourage citizens to move over because of the opportunities and companies to come over for the potential profits. I would target London because of the overcrowdness there.

What would you do EJ?

Ok First of all you say you whould encourage citizens to move over becaause of the opportunites and companies to come over to make profits.
Im not be rude or anything but 5% of the popluation or 10% owns a bussiness so probably 1% would think of going to LN 1%! Is that your only suggestion?

I will hold competions every week (From my own money because i have a bussiness) and the only people who can enter are the people who live in Lower-Normandy.
Also I will offer 3 gold for the person who makes people join normandy and stay there for 1 month.

People WILL NOT waste their money because someone said it was nice there, people would join LN if they see regular competions so Both bussiness man or women or citizens may join.

If i win I would like you to be my deputy because you do have some good ideas..
Well done.
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

Since I cannot stand for Paliament and cannot vote yet (though I think I shall be able to vote come the election) I would like to ask some questions:

Ej: You say you speak French (moi aussi). Find me one French person in LN...? Last I looked there were over 70 residents in LN but I have yet to see one here. Is speaking French relevant?

Would you encourage French migration? If so a). How? and b). Is this wise when they may start a resistance movement?

You say that you would encourage further migration with gold incentive. Migration has been organised very successfuly by the Navy which has 5 Platoons here totaling just under 50 people. Quite frankly your gold incentive may tempt some Navy people to move back to the mainland and then come back for your gold... Supposing just 25 Navy people did this - it would cost you 75 gold and we would just be where we are now.

Certainly I like you lottery idea and this would seem a good idea for the people already here. I am at the moment working on an idea where perhaps we may work together on this competition idea.

Will says he would encourage companies to move here and I agree this may be easier said than done.

Lowering the minimum wage I am against and forum payment needs refining. Presumably you don't mean someone can stay logged in all day and do nothing...

LN, being a new area certainly needs a working hospital and this imo must be top priority.

Also because LN is a newly occupied I would suggest that this election be non party political and that we have a cross party LN Council including Royal Guard, Navy and business representatives to fully get our new home up and running. Later we can of course return to the normal bickering Razz.
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:27 am

SaraDroz wrote:Since I cannot stand for Paliament and cannot vote yet (though I think I shall be able to vote come the election) I would like to ask some questions:

Ej: You say you speak French (moi aussi). Find me one French person in LN...? Last I looked there were over 70 residents in LN but I have yet to see one here. Is speaking French relevant?

Would you encourage French migration? If so a). How? and b). Is this wise when they may start a resistance movement?

You say that you would encourage further migration with gold incentive. Migration has been organised very successfuly by the Navy which has 5 Platoons here totaling just under 50 people. Quite frankly your gold incentive may tempt some Navy people to move back to the mainland and then come back for your gold... Supposing just 25 Navy people did this - it would cost you 75 gold and we would just be where we are now.

Certainly I like you lottery idea and this would seem a good idea for the people already here. I am at the moment working on an idea where perhaps we may work together on this competition idea.

Will says he would encourage companies to move here and I agree this may be easier said than done.

Lowering the minimum wage I am against and forum payment needs refining. Presumably you don't mean someone can stay logged in all day and do nothing...

LN, being a new area certainly needs a working hospital and this imo must be top priority.

Also because LN is a newly occupied I would suggest that this election be non party political and that we have a cross party LN Council including Royal Guard, Navy and business representatives to fully get our new home up and running. Later we can of course return to the normal bickering Razz.

Ej: You say you speak French (moi aussi). Find me one French person in LN...? Last I looked there were over 70 residents in LN but I have yet to see one here. Is speaking French relevant? Ok this is not the most important thing in the world but surley it helps?

I can not tell you at the present time it depends on how The french feel about coming eUK citizens.
5 Platoons here totaling just under 50 people. Quite frankly your gold incentive may tempt some Navy people to move back to the mainland and then come back for your gold... Supposing just 25 Navy people did this - it would cost you 75 gold and we would just be where we are now.
Its First come first serve if i could give gold easily then less people whould be tempted?
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Well, all I can say is
Vote early
Vote well
Vote often!
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Sara has just raised an excellant point whether she realized it or not, we don't need to work quite as hard at moving the population around the country if we simply bring more citizens into the armed forces. I would imagine more people would be interested in moving if coming as an order from joining an organization that involves them in the game, plus it helps raise awareness of the forums. We need recruiters.
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Number of posts : 341
eLocation : London, eUnited Kingdom
Erepublik Username : Nemo Mobilis
E-rep function: : Sergeant Squad G Royal Navy, UKRP, Writer, Director of Nautilus Press
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:29 pm

i think that was part of the point of making the navy and having about 50 people in the navy already is pretty good recruiting tbh
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

My point is largely that the Navy provides the majority of the voters in LN and future organisation of the region must include Navy.

I hope soon to be able to unviel (in conjunction with others) some new Navy initiatives that should by themselves and without party prejudice encourage people to get involved and move here.
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:33 pm

The best politicians are not party prejudiced but people prejudiced!
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:34 pm

SaraDroz wrote:The best politicians are not party prejudiced but people prejudiced!
Good, now I have to go alienate all the people i can find, and become PM!
Taytaz
Taytaz

E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:37 pm

True, true, I just had an epiphany about what to do with London overcrowding.
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Number of posts : 341
eLocation : London, eUnited Kingdom
Erepublik Username : Nemo Mobilis
E-rep function: : Sergeant Squad G Royal Navy, UKRP, Writer, Director of Nautilus Press
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Certainly Tay I would back you for PM...I think lol.
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:42 pm

it's a pity he's going to australia then
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:45 pm

the thing is, you will never tear me from these forums, ever
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:53 pm

I may, at some future point leave for ePolska...
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next