Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro 2008 Sweepstake

+18
CasperMoens
dionysus
tim09
twaters
Relic
SaxMyster
Flamur
mr. brodie
NotABrick
widdows9000
Bud Spencer
benskis
Simon Nicholls
Skinny Bones Jones
piperbunny
Ip Lockard
Final Destiny
Big Boy Bulley
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Euro 2008 Sweepstake - Page 3 Empty Re: Euro 2008 Sweepstake

Post by Flamur Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:33 am

Turkey are awesome! Razz
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamur Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:48 am

Hmm...would it be possible to set up a sort of eUK Fantasy Football league kind of thing? Using an external website ofcourse, but keeping it private for eUKers only? Just to add some more things to do rather than two clicks and reading?

Or would it be pointless...
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.

Back to top Go down

Post by piperbunny Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:53 am

Es geht's der Schweiz!!!

Ah well Smile
piperbunny
piperbunny

Number of posts : 2425
eLocation : UK
Erepublik Username : piperbunny
E-rep function: : Member of the PCP
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SaxMyster Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Austria?! >_<

SaxMyster

Number of posts : 120
Erepublik Username : SaxMyster
E-rep function: : House building rent boy, second best in the eUK
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by benskis Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:25 pm

We'll see what's the young Netherland guys are made of Razz
benskis
benskis

Number of posts : 607
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : benskius
E-rep function: : Old noob
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by benskis Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:26 pm

BTW it's 20 year anniversary since they last won Euro... it's time to do it again Razz
benskis
benskis

Number of posts : 607
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : benskius
E-rep function: : Old noob
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:33 pm

mr. brodie wrote:France Smile Not that bad.

It's between Me, SBJ, FD and Simon Razz

You're quite mistaken my friend.
I reckon France has some chance, Italy almost none, Portugal not much and Spain isn't an team ...

if you watch international football more careful you would see that some of the teams are almost brand new and refreshed with new players.
For example let we take Germany ...
Germany is quite unknown to most of countries because they changed a lot of players and they keep on doing that.
Czech Republic is always an interesting country, 2004 they were keep low profile against Dutch in start, but later they've displayed an football worth of World Cup winners. You should expect much from them ...
Holland is to be takes seriously, they don't have attackers that can threat from jump etc. but they are an team.
Romania was always strong and very hard to breach, and they have an outstanding mid that can be very tricky.
Russia was to be an very interesting, but they had many injuries in last days...
Greece can always make wonders, personally I don't like them ...

Croatia is an team that has experience and youth and should be taken seriously due to some of ... well ... certlany world-class players, I would dare to say some of our mids are much better then ronaldo Wink ( to make things clear, He is an offensive mid. )
Why ? You should see Ronaldos stats ... He has like twice more shots in doors then any other player in Premier and still has only few goals more then any other.
Another thing that should be considered is his not making an action for himself, only getting balls in chances...
Relic
Relic

Number of posts : 1483
eLocation : Nottingham
Erepublik Username : Relic
E-rep function: : Current memeber of PCP and Lord and Paratrooper
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mr. brodie Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Relic wrote:
mr. brodie wrote:France Smile Not that bad.

It's between Me, SBJ, FD and Simon Razz

You're quite mistaken my friend.
I reckon France has some chance, Italy almost none, Portugal not much and Spain isn't an team

Do you actually know what football is? Laughing

Italy - currently World cup champions
Spain - Lost most of their good players, but still a good team
Portugal - Are you watching them on TV? They are quality Razz

Go Home Relic...
mr. brodie
mr. brodie

Number of posts : 3769
Erepublik Username : mr. brodie
E-rep function: : Being awesome?

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Italy... right ... tell me .. Did you watch semis ?
Spain-sure they have players, but they're note a team ...
Portugal- watched 2006 ? Awful playings, and you'll see when they reach quality team they fall apart...

O yes African cup ?
Have you watched it ?
None of teams with start won, only the team that is actually an team with it's games Wink
Relic
Relic

Back to top Go down

Post by mr. brodie Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Europe has a much better standard of play than Africa. All 4 of those teams can play as a team, and can easily dominate the competion.

Wana have a bet? 50GBP that 1 of those 4 teams will win the cup Smile
mr. brodie
mr. brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:45 pm

It's not true ...
African teams have awesome players, and even betters team play, but they don't have enough money for good preparations etc...
None of that team can as a team, france maybe, but they've made new changes in team and have problems with injuries Wink

Okey.. 50 ? Fine Razz
Relic
Relic

Back to top Go down

Post by mr. brodie Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Yea, Africa do have very good players, but not good conbind teams.

France are nothing like they used to be, but they are still good.

50 it is Smile
mr. brodie
mr. brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Nicholls Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:07 pm

Portugal, happy enough... I agree with you Brodie on who its between Very Happy Although I do think germany could coem good in the Euro finals for the first time in how long?!?!

Now onto Relics (mainly) tripe about what teams gonna do what...

I reckon France has some chance
Fantastic talent all over the pitch, a huge array of attacking talent (Ribery, henry, Benzema, Anelka etc) and a solid, experienced defensive base... although that base is also my main concern for france... old legs against some of the more rapid teams may have them scrambling around. More than "some chance" as you say relic, potential winners, but more likely 3RD PLACE

Italy almost none
drew with Lithuania @ home and lost to france away, with close wins over scotland there only saving grace in Q/ing. If they have a slow start in teh group of death they may well be in trouble...Donadoni hasnt real experience of this sort of situation, but, the core of the team is left over from 06 and that is reason enough for me to think they will do semis "Almost none" you say, I say GOOD chance, but there are better teams there 4TH PLACE

Portugal not much
One word, and no its not ronaldo... Scolari... he is there star man. he thrives on tournament football and soaks up the pressure that most of teh time players have to deal with. Attack = outstanding... Simao, Ronaldo, nani, quaresma etc. Def = pretty bloody good! Carvalho, bosingwa, ferreira (& pepe looked good last night acc. to teh papers today). With soem belief in them, Portugal are more than capable fo winning and will at least make teh semis. Portugal, along with Spain, have the best chance of winning this tournament, especially if Deco makes it past the group stage injury free RUNNERS UP

Spain isn't an team ...
WINNING 8 OF LAST 9 Q/ING GAMES SAYS TO ME THEY ARE A TEAM & A GOOD ONE AT THAT! Fabregas, Torres, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Villa, Ramos, Casillas... most technically gifted team @ this tournament, no question. Superb at teh back, sublime going forward... yeah, they have belief issues much like portugal do, but to write them off is a huge mistake. No scrub that, its idiocy. WINNERS

Romania was always strong and very hard to breach, and they have an outstanding mid that can be very tricky.
Started slow in q/ing but picked up later on... they cant do that @ the finals as they're in the group of death!! Also, they have an unsettled team with 39 PLAYERS USED IN Q/ING!!. They have 2 chances... most likely being, no chance of getting out of group, or, france, italy and holland will be crap ie not gonna happen. GROUP STAGE

I agree with you on germany and Croatia... think Croatia could potentially do semis without too much fuss and could see germany making teh final, but for completely different reasons to what you say! Greece had their one time glory, russia, get ya coats & Czech Rep. well, Rosicky is out and baros has been atrocious @ Pompey this season, going on yesterday against the swiss i think theyll get out of the group but no further than that.

I could have carried on writing all night on this Very Happy Apologies for length!
Simon Nicholls
Simon Nicholls

Number of posts : 336
eLocation : Leeds
Erepublik Username : Simon Nicholls
E-rep function: : GM of Peoples Initiative, Congressman & Ambassador to Spain
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bulley Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:22 pm

rad it all, agree with most of it, although i fancy czech republic and as dark horses for the semi's ahead of Itlay and France!
Big Boy Bulley
Big Boy Bulley

Number of posts : 3319
eLocation : Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Erepublik Username : Big Boy Bulley
E-rep function: : Aurum Shareholder/Manager/ Financial Manager, Worldwide Merchant.
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Nicholls Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:26 pm

man, i wish i could get my point across in one line posts hahaha... just doesnt work for me Very Happy And germany just won their first game at a euro finals for 12 years!!
Simon Nicholls
Simon Nicholls

Number of posts : 336
eLocation : Leeds
Erepublik Username : Simon Nicholls
E-rep function: : GM of Peoples Initiative, Congressman & Ambassador to Spain
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NotABrick Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:29 pm

Croatia aren't the same team as they were in qualifying, because they lost Eduardo ~(He scored 9 of their qualifying goals), and I can't see them getting as far as they can.

Spain are not a tournament team, they will not win. They always fall apart, and everyone always says it's their year, and it never is.

Portugal are shaping up to look like a tournament team, and could win. France are another fairly good team in the running. Italy, not so much so, and I hope they don't get far at all, Italian football is dull. Not sure about Germany really.

NotABrick

Number of posts : 55
Erepublik Username : not a brick
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:54 pm

I agree most of things you say for France, but they are team, but an old one that can't handle too much matches in such a short time... I mean they can, but not in full power ... so .. No ...

You're mistaken with Spain tho ...
They are not a team, just like portugal, they think they are the best and they dive too much...
You can't find them as an favorite as they are not A TEAM, cheap and don't want to pass to much ... that will cost them in 1/4 finals...

Romania, a group stage ? maybe, but they're going to give a lot of hard work for France, Italy and Holland ..

Hm ... germany is quite good, Don't fancy them past by Croatia tho ...
Czech had excelent 4 times in a row EURO competition, but it's time to end now, since they play only strict and discplinary so, i wouldn't like them pass too much, but I like them ...

Croatia is even better team then in let we say England...
I reckon eduardo is very important part of team, but since his last playing we changed a lot a fixed up few attacker WBs that build quite good attacks ...
Relic
Relic

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 pm

[quote="Relic"]Croatia is even better team then in let we say England...quote]
We all know Croatia cheated... They used that language of theirs to confuse the referee (like you do on msn Evil or Very Mad), and so he was nice to them.
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tim09 Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:08 pm

i remember croatia las world cup, one guy got 3 yellow cards against australia and was still on the field Suspect
tim09
tim09

Number of posts : 3314
eLocation : Sydney, Australia (Oxford in game)
Erepublik Username : Tim09
E-rep function: : MoFA, PCP member, GM of the PI, co-manager of True Blue Holdings
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Final Destiny- Italy

Sweet!

That is all.
Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Number of posts : 2297
eLocation : Northern Ireland
Erepublik Username : Final Destiny
E-rep function: : Former President of the United Kingdom.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:47 am

[quote="twat-ers"]
Relic wrote:Croatia is even better team then in let we say England...
We all know Croatia cheated... They used that language of theirs to confuse the referee (like you do on msn Evil or Very Mad), and so he was nice to them.

Yeah sure... I meant ... Team as people who actually play together, totally opposite from England...

@tim- That guy was shows 3 yellows and 2 reds to be precise Very Happy
The mistake was in the judge who didn't saw simunic on the list ^^ So ... Well ... It's not like it changed anything...
Relic
Relic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ip Lockard Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 am

Pfft, you all seem to be underestimating Germany.

France doesn't have what it takes,
Italy are still good, but without Cannavaro and they're an aging team,
Spain are excellent and who I'm following IRL, but they always underachieve,
As do Holland.

Did you see the Germany - Poland game? Total domination!
Ip Lockard
Ip Lockard
Admin

Number of posts : 2738
eLocation : Newbury/Wokingham UK
Erepublik Username : Ip Lockard
E-rep function: : Minister of Defence.
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Relic Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:01 am

Have I said anything against germany ...
But you must know they're not fully prepared and they always go through lots of changes after every big competition ...
Relic
Relic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bud Spencer Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 am

speak up, speak up!!! i was assigned to Croatia, i already feel 160 GBP in my wallet! if you pay now, i can make a little allowance Smile

- Italia: since i live in Italy, i must admit we are not anymore the same team which won World Cup 2 years ago (right some days before wedding, what a beautiful summer!!!!), for a lot of reasons: first of all, we are people of "counterattack", we must suffer inside our defensive 30, to get slaps and kicks for about 60mins, then we can do our best. Every time we begin a competition with a "spectacular play" wish, everything ends in a total failure. BTW, let's look what Cassano does, it's his moment now: do or die! Smile

- Portugal: the world best player but they must keep running so much to help such an offensive play they have; they're the best team in first 3 matches, but when the play start to be "in/out", the usually go out.

- Spain: they're my favourites; they've ever had a great play, since some years they also have a "team solidity" and a great defensive accuracy, right to not suffer a score in their worst moment of the match.

- France: same team as last 10 years with great strenght and height; just call back Zidane to call them France Smile

- Germany: they can do it, but i still havent understood how much this is a team and how much this is a couple of nice players playing together.

- Netherland: ever the same interrogation about them: flashes of great play, and umbelievable mistakes!

The best of these 5 teams, will lose the final match agains Croatia. Smile
Bud Spencer
Bud Spencer

Number of posts : 88
eLocation : Varazze
Erepublik Username : Bud Spencer
E-rep function: : most alchoolics tester
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.alefranci.it

Back to top Go down

Post by dionysus Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 am

France is not the winning team of the past decade.. it has gone downhill for them and their defense is not as solid as it used to be.

Germany is playing suprisingly well.. though it went well at the Qualifiers as well. After yesterdays match they seem to have a big chance.

Netherlands have the worst defense of the championship, but can win matches because of the awsome offensive players who all play regulary at the biggest teams of Europe (if they are not injured, that is), like van Nistelrooij, Wesley Sneijder, Van Persie, Robben, etc. Netherlands can afford to leave Seedorf (AC Milan) at home Razz

Spain always underachieves at big tournaments, for some reason.. they have some potential however.

Portugal showed us their strength against Turkey.. most likely they will reach semifinals

My bets are on Italy. Still a strong team.

Group with Italy, France, Netherlands and Romania is the strongest group and any one of those four could finish on top of the group (Romania got 4 points against Netherlands in Qualifiers). Netherlands won 3-0 in friendly against Croatia, in Croatia. So the team is able to perform every now and then...

dionysus

Number of posts : 58
eLocation : Incredible India
Erepublik Username : dionysus
E-rep function: : Former President eNetherlands
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next