Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's in motion already?

+2
Siobhan Griffin
Sketch
6 posters

Go down

What's in motion already? Empty What's in motion already?

Post by Sketch Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 am

Again coming from the view of a new player (i.e. Me Smile ), what ideas, plans, etc are already active and running, who thought them up, and what inspired them?

Some info on that sort of thing, would be really useful on knowing what's needed, what can be re-thought, improved etc Smile
Sketch
Sketch

Number of posts : 46
eLocation : London UK
Erepublik Username : Sketch
E-rep function: : PCP Member
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

What's in motion already? Empty Re: What's in motion already?

Post by Siobhan Griffin Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:36 pm

At the moment there's quite a few on... and I think it would probably be a good idea to collate everything in case I'm missing some of what's going on.

The recently proposed Ministry of Education is probably going to be rolled out just before V1, with the establishment of a GCeE as an entry-level qualification and a number of elective courses with lecturers teaching via PM.

The actual courses... I think someone said something about a course on Ancient eHistory?

On a more local level, there's another competition that should be starting off on Saturday... more on this later ^_^
Siobhan Griffin
Siobhan Griffin

Number of posts : 670
eLocation : Belfast
Erepublik Username : Siobhan Griffin
E-rep function: : Last Mayor of Belfast, U-Sec MoEd, TUP Member, TBU Manager
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Siobhan Griffin wrote:

On a more local level, there's another competition that should be starting off on Saturday... more on this later ^_^
oooo.
Sounds interesting.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Number of posts : 668
eLocation : eUK, eCanada, ePoland, eAustralia, eArgentina, eSouth Africa (W. Cape), eSpain, eFrance.
Erepublik Username : Tamas Dzsudzsak
E-rep function: : Lieutenant 1st Platoon of the CAF, Part time fighter of freedom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Griffin Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:57 pm

100 GBP for first prize (which you're encouraged to buy a house out of if you don't already have one), 25 GBP for each of two runners up ^_^

...all you have to do is be a Belfast citizen to enter - I mean, other people are welcome to, but only Belfast citizens can take the winnings.

But participation is more than half the fun, right? Wink
Siobhan Griffin
Siobhan Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryGFL Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:01 pm

I would move to Belfast and back just to win the competition. But as we know i cant! Sad
jerryGFL
jerryGFL

Number of posts : 2152
eLocation : Edinburgh
Erepublik Username : jerryGFL
E-rep function: : UKRP PP, Congressman, Health Minister, Platinum Founder, exUK VP
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Griffin Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 pm

So what's the rule of thumb there? Mayors actually can't move? ^_^

Poor jerry, leashed to Edinburgh's town hall...
Siobhan Griffin
Siobhan Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryGFL Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Actually i kinda enjoy it Scotland. The accent, nice and firendly people, But no cash incentive. If i would start a competition i couldntwin it myself of course. So i gues i really am in a dilemma.

Btw you know that you can in fact request competition prize money from the regional council? All you need to do is start a poll on the RC forums.
jerryGFL
jerryGFL

Number of posts : 2152
eLocation : Edinburgh
Erepublik Username : jerryGFL
E-rep function: : UKRP PP, Congressman, Health Minister, Platinum Founder, exUK VP
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

I'd suggest you just wait around a bit until the Minister of Education stops being a lazy git and starts creating a decent education course. After that, you can take a real eQualification!

What sort of plans/ideas are you after anyway? I think I've mentioned a few when I tried to get you to stay in London.

London Council - First created by Piperbunny, idea was to aid the mayor in her work, with London being such a huge city that some support was needed

Transport for London - Created by Stan Wephen during his term as mayor, was the organisation set up to deal with migration from London as set by government policy here

Citizenship - Introduced by Stan Wephen during his term as mayor, idea was to get people who needed gifting to sign up for a gifting scheme, saved mayoral time so they could focus on running the city

Trade Unions - Introduced by the PCP government, led by Stan Wephen and Tim09, created to defend workers rights and create a balance of power for workers. Currently in a state of inactivity and needs leaders.

National Newspaper Association - Created by Stan Wephen, idea was to put the latest week's news articles together into one news article so that latest news isn't missed out by people, currently requires people to read articles and add them to the next release

Those were really the main ones I was involved in, anything else is out of my area really.
StanWephen
StanWephen

Number of posts : 1621
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : Stan Wephen
E-rep function: : Minister of Education
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tim09 Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Mayors can move.

Just not outside of the UK.

I know when Relic used to be mayor of Nottingham he moved to Oxford to run against me.
tim09
tim09

Number of posts : 3314
eLocation : Sydney, Australia (Oxford in game)
Erepublik Username : Tim09
E-rep function: : MoFA, PCP member, GM of the PI, co-manager of True Blue Holdings
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Siobhan Griffin Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:01 pm

There we are jerry - you can come to Belfast ^_^

...you just have to do it inside the next 48 hours (or at least before the competition starts) ^_^

I'll release the details on how it will run tomorrow, probably at the same time as awarding the prize for the Activity Drive.
Siobhan Griffin
Siobhan Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down