Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation!

+2
Jacen Molare
Siobhan Griffin
6 posters

Go down

Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation! Empty Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation!

Post by Siobhan Griffin Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Thank you, Ip Lockard Smile

We all know someone with ‘great ideas’. An ‘ideas man’, a ‘bright spark’ or a person who ‘shows initiative’ – it may even be that that person is you. But most of these ideas never get off the ground, and just keep churning around inside our noggins until one day we forget, shelve it indefinitely or once in a while, just occasionally, we get cornered by a friend and forced to spill.

Why do we find it so hard to share our ideas on our own? Because we’re afraid of looking foolish? Because we think no one will really care? Maybe because we can see a flaw or two in it, and we’re trying to fix it up ourselves before we reveal it to the world? Or maybe we just think it sounds crazy. All these reasons and more are responsible for keeping unknown what could have been some of the greatest ideas the world will ever know.

In any case, once the idea is out there it’s much harder to cram back into its bottle, and with other like-minded people discussing it, little ideas and thoughts can quickly build into a greater concept than anything most of us could come up with on our own. It’s my hope that this Forum will be a home for just that type of collaborative brainstorming, for the faster evolution of the Belfast region and the eUK community as a whole.

Céad míle failte and welcome everyone, to the Belfast Forum for Innovation!

Whether from Belfast itself, anywhere across the eUK or our neighbours in the eRepublic of Ireland, we invite you to come and propose ideas, discuss possibilities and help with the evolution of a concept from rough ‘Wouldn’t it be cool if…’ to full-scale implementation.

With the full support of the Belfast Mayor’s office both now, and in whatever incarnation it exists in the future, the sky’s the limit – (almost) no idea too crazy ^_^

So if there’s something you always thought you’d like to get up and running, why not start up a topic here and see how it flies?
Siobhan Griffin
Siobhan Griffin

Number of posts : 670
eLocation : Belfast
Erepublik Username : Siobhan Griffin
E-rep function: : Last Mayor of Belfast, U-Sec MoEd, TUP Member, TBU Manager
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation! Empty Re: Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation!

Post by Jacen Molare Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Can we start a Belfast Peacekeepers Force? Just to show everyone we are committed to preserving peace everywhere? Or maybe a Police Force?

What about some sort of local council...I would love to be involved in eBelfast politics, as it could help me learn for eNational politics...

Is there are list anywhere of all the actually citizens of Belfast/Norn Iron?

Jacen Molare

Number of posts : 170
Erepublik Username : Jacen Molare
E-rep function: : Congressman for Northern Ireland
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation! Empty Re: Welcome to the Belfast Forum for Innovation!

Post by Alan Hammond Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Is there are list anywhere of all the actually citizens of Belfast/Norn Iron?

Unfortunatly not (or at least not that i know of).

What about some sort of local council...I would love to be involved in eBelfast politics, as it could help me learn for eNational politics...

Local councils have been used in the past, but have been proven to be very difficult to maintain

Welcome to the forums, nice to see you getting invovled already Smile
Alan Hammond
Alan Hammond

Number of posts : 354
eLocation : N.Ireland, UK
Erepublik Username : Alan Hammond
E-rep function: : TUP Vice President, Congressman for N.Ireland, Zycon Director
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Molare Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks...I have helped run groups and roleplaying websites elsewhere, but its just nice to have to start again and work your way up...too long at the top and one gets dizzy.

Anyway, I am just trying to find my way around here, so I appreciate the help from y'all

Jacen Molare

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:40 pm

best way to get involved in politics is to join the PCP...i mean, a political party
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Molare Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 am

See my problem is I aint a communist (no offence to any communists out there!)

Jacen Molare

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:58 pm

just join any party, TUP are centre left, and are quite awesome, UKRP are centre right, and are a bit awesome
Taytaz
Taytaz

E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Molare Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:56 pm

So they are all a bit awesome Very Happy

I guess there is no rush, but I would like to be involved regardless (or is it one of those things you absolutely NEED to be in a party to have any effective involvement?).

Jacen Molare

Back to top Go down

Post by Dishmcds Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Absolutely not. No need to be involved in anything to accomplish something else. Very Happy
Dishmcds
Dishmcds

Number of posts : 4820
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Dishmcds
E-rep function: : Aurum Partner, UK President
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 pm

yeh, well, the best way to get known is to spam..I mean, post, in the general forum
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Is that famous or infamous?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner

Number of posts : 546
eLocation : Belfast, and proud of it.
Erepublik Username : Alex Steiner
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:35 pm

what do you define Bob Boblo or Brodie as?
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Molare Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:34 pm

So what is happening Belfast?

Jacen Molare

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:20 pm

A congress election, the elected congressmen were inactive
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down