Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome

+6
shadow
Mephit
StanWephen
widdows9000
KIA Sneak
CheeseBall
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Empty The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome

Post by CheeseBall Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 am

I think as a congress we should all agree that pie is awesome. Apple pie is great, so is meat pie (if your aussie you'll know what I mean, if your american you might not). This topic people should talk about the types of pie for pie and only about pie, all party issues are left at the door. By popular request you may also talk cake and about types of cake and cake vs. pie.

Now as we all know this is perhaps the most important topic ever proposed to congress and I think we should treat it as such. Now lets talk pie Very Happy .

(edit; yes there will be a vote on the fact that pie is awesome or is it cake that takes the cake and the best type of pie & cake)

Last edited by CheeseBall on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
CheeseBall
CheeseBall

Number of posts : 1508
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Empty Re: The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome

Post by KIA Sneak Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:12 am

I'll take it you don't watch red vs blue. http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.phpi was expecting a Pie vs cake poll. 
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

Number of posts : 2295
Erepublik Username : KIA Sneak
E-rep function: : GM of Amazon.com and part GM of the PI, EX president of the UK.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Empty Re: The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome

Post by CheeseBall Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

That can be arranged... brb editing in progress.
CheeseBall
CheeseBall

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBall Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 am

Now I truly believe that pie is better than cake, yes cake has chocolatey goodness, and we all know what tastes good is good for you. But fact pie you can have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Cake is just a dessert therefore pie must be better.
CheeseBall
CheeseBall

Back to top Go down

Post by widdows9000 Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:24 am

Pie may be versatile in that respect but cake is much tastier. Due to the fact that different fillings can be put in pie though means they can be quite nutritional. Also 'cake is just a dessert' is a matter of opinion, I've had it at all times of day from midnight to 8 in the morning. Overall due to taste I think cake wins.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:26 am

Hmm, you can say that, but just because you can eat pie whenever doesn't necessairly make it better. Besides, there is no reason you can't eat cake for breakfast! I do! Now, for me, the all-encompassing factor is if something can be eaten with chocolate or if it contains chocolate. You cannot have a chocolate pie. You can have a chocolate cake. Therefore cake wins.

(P.S. Now I see why we don't allow people to view the congress debates! Otherwise they'll be reading the pie v cake argument and be like WTF?!)
StanWephen
StanWephen

Number of posts : 1621
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : Stan Wephen
E-rep function: : Minister of Education
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by widdows9000 Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 am

Meh, it's a vaild argument really, plus it's good to let congress get spam and stress out of their systems by discussing pie vs. cake. Oh and chocolate is a decidnig factor for moi as well. Hence another reason cake wins.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:31 am

People we are doing this all wrong. Everyone knows the PCP party always votes the same way and atm its 2 cake 1 pie. 

i can only hope that the pie voter will change his mind and conform to the party. That or i'll throw him in the gulag

Cake: 3 

Pie: 1
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

E-rep function: : GM of Amazon.com and part GM of the PI, EX president of the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:36 am

StanWephen wrote:You cannot have a chocolate pie. You can have a chocolate cake. Therefore cake wins.
I think you are very mistaken and a google search will back me up on this. I therefore invite you to revise your position to the correct one.
Mephit
Mephit

Number of posts : 519
eLocation : Oxford (RL: Reading)
Erepublik Username : Mephit
E-rep function: : Comrade Citizen
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by widdows9000 Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 am

Yes but chocolate surrounded by a crusty, pie outer shell does not work as well as chocolate on top or sandwiched in between soft, crumbly, cake, tis a match made in heaven and one that makes cake supremely superior to pie althought that tis nice as well.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 am

I am not a big chocolate fan myself (I find it too bourgeoisie for my simple tastes) and find that as cake will generally always lie within the "sweet" end of the taste spectrum whereas pie may be many things, there is only one true choice - despite what the party leader may think.
Mephit
Mephit

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:59 am

I therefore invite you to revise your position to the correct one.

Invite all you like Mephit, you cannot move me. As appetising as a chocolate pie sounds (which it doesn't) I'm sure you'll agree with me that chocolate is better with cake. I think you'll also find that cake is more decorative. For example, you have have a multi-tier cake such as a wedding cake, but you cannot have a multi-tier pie. Therefore, cake wins.
StanWephen
StanWephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 am

StanWephen wrote:I think you'll also find that cake is more decorative.
You can add all the frills, bells and whistles you like to either so I do not see your arguement as persuasive,
StanWephen wrote:For example, you have have a multi-tier cake such as a wedding cake, but you cannot have a multi-tier pie.
The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Cwx7u39l

Au contraire!

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Wedding-pie

Yes Comrade, you are very much mistaken!
Mephit
Mephit

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:33 am

Though I do like these pie debates, and if it wheren't for me being an admin, I would have probably spammed 5 pages in this topic, I feel that we cannot continue this.

this is a congressional topic, spam belongs in "off-topic". If you want me to move it to there, contact me or nel or another admin.

until then, this topic is:
The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome 68416040.X5Den06i.locked

btw: the pie is a lie

**locked**
shadow
shadow
Ex-Admin

Number of posts : 2942
Erepublik Username : shadowukcs
E-rep function: : Admin, Aurum founder, UKRP founder, ex-president, ex-mayor, UKCS, Mi-6 founder
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 am

on presidential request:

**moved**
shadow
shadow
Ex-Admin

Number of posts : 2942
Erepublik Username : shadowukcs
E-rep function: : Admin, Aurum founder, UKRP founder, ex-president, ex-mayor, UKCS, Mi-6 founder
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:44 am

best research ever Mephit. Although I still stick by my comment on how we must all choose the same option or how can we call our selves “evil commies”. 

Therefore unless my despicable party of Stalinists all change their vote to Pie I will have to stick with my vote for cake. 
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:47 am

Yes Comrade, you are very much mistaken!

...touche
StanWephen
StanWephen

Back to top Go down

Post by funky44 Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 am

Mmhmgrajlga, Pie and cake! I do believe they can be used complementary my dear watson!
funky44
funky44

Number of posts : 1760
Erepublik Username : Funky44
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

funky44 wrote:Mmhmgrajlga, Pie and cake! I do believe they can be used complementary my dear watson!

...you're mad. Pie and cake? This is madness!
StanWephen
StanWephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayf Drayson Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

Are we merely limiting ourselves to the "traditional" pies, or are we including such things a Shepherd's Pie and meat pies? Pies truly can be a meal unto themselves in that fashion. Not to mention the numerous desert varieties, such as French Silk pie.

However, cakes are versatile, as well. Sponge cakes, pound cakes, cheese cakes (*drool*), carrot cakes... the list goes on and on.

So which is better? The world may never know. Much like it may never know how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of Tootsie Pop.

...oh, and madness? Sparta
Rayf Drayson
Rayf Drayson

Number of posts : 1915
eLocation : South West, eUK
Erepublik Username : Rayf Drayson
E-rep function: : MP from the South West, UKRP Member
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by funky44 Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 am

Ah yes, but that's what everybody thinks! Try it and be amazed!
funky44
funky44

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:54 am

Rayf Drayson wrote:Are we merely limiting ourselves to the "traditional" pies, or are we including such things a Shepherd's Pie and meat pies? Pies truly can be a meal unto themselves in that fashion. Not to mention the numerous desert varieties, such as French Silk pie.

However, cakes are versatile, as well. Sponge cakes, pound cakes, cheese cakes (*drool*), carrot cakes... the list goes on and on.

So which is better? The world may never know. Much like it may never know how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of Tootsie Pop.

...oh, and madness?

Oh Shepherd's Pie................... microwavable Shepherd's Pie is the best food ever when your drunk at a house party. Its warm sloppy and goes down easy. Plus theres no chance of burning yourself or messing it up cos microwaves are so easy to use.

and 10 points to Rayf Drayson for the Sparta smiley. 
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:57 am

Heh, I knew somebody was gonna bring Sparta up Wink.

Oh my goodness, microwavable Sheperd's Pie! I could live off of that for years. In fact, I pretty much did at one point. In fact, I love all microwavable meals! They're absolute genius! Buy from Tescos, pop into microwave, put in for 10 minutes, ding, done, eat. Nothing could be easier.
StanWephen
StanWephen

Back to top Go down

Post by funky44 Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Ok, somebody mail me a microwave pie! Me needs some NOW!
funky44
funky44

Back to top Go down

Post by StanWephen Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

*E-mails virtual pie to funky44*

The most important proposal we may ever hear, Pie is awesome Shepherdspie
StanWephen
StanWephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next