Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rastari for congress (PCP)

+6
Ares989
SaraDroz
Nemo Mobilis
Taytaz
Kokach
rastari
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rastari for congress (PCP) Empty rastari for congress (PCP)

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 am

hi, i'm rastari I will be running as the pcp candidate for congress for lower normandy but before I talk about policies I would like to say a little about myself I am the apprentice for the minister of work, the nhs director of the east of England and ambassador to india. I am a very active member of the forums and have my own newspaper, recently I came up with the idea for the Christmas market section of the forums which is going very well due to the charitable nature of the citizens of the euk and I think that more has to be done to utilise this although we do have great schemes in the euk like housing the homeless I think more has to be done, like the pub quiz which was proposed in the west midlands but hasn't got of the ground yet if I got into congress i would try to organise a similar pub quiz where the money from it goes towards houses for the homeless possibly an inter region match between west midlands and lower normandy.

as congressman for lower normandy I would set up a private section on the forums similar to the one deathtoll set up for the westmidlands where I would post the latest proposition in the commons and a poll and whichever got the most votes yes or no I would vote for so you would truly have a say.

i would also hold a weekly q and a session in the lower normandy section of the forums where citizens would be able to ask me anything as long as it's within forum rules. Another of my policies would be to set up a local council between the lower norman congressman/women, the leadership of the navy stationed in lower Normandy and the nhs for lower normandy this will act as a think tank for the region and all issues will be discussed here and all ideas raised, any idea would have to be approved by the council then we will hold a public poll and it will have to pass that as well. if the council are in agreement other people will be allowed to join but it will need a 2/3rds majority. we will also have a French representative in the council if the French people decide to return to lower normandy.

there will also be a lower normandy newspaper written in both English and French which the members of the council will use to write updates and make announcements all major decisions regarding the people of lower normandy will be made by the people of lower normandy through a poll.

i will send messages to the people of lower normandy who haven't joined the forums to encourage them to do so as well as messages to newer members to help them with the basics of the game when we get too many people in lower normandy for me to do so personally I will devise a welcoming committee to take this responsibility and will provide an incentive scheme based on the number of people recruited to the forums, for which I will pay with money out of my own pocket. the lower normandy newspaper will be used to print beginner guides as well as I do not think there are enough of those.

I am an approachable person and will take any ideas thrown at me on board, I am running for congress because I believe I can make lower normandy and the euk a better place I would not run if I did not have that belief, I hope that you share that belief and if you do not I shall merely have to get better.

yours rastari

Last edited by rastari on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
rastari
rastari

Number of posts : 2428
eLocation : india
Erepublik Username : rastari
E-rep function: : member of pcp
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

rastari for congress (PCP) Empty Re: rastari for congress (PCP)

Post by Kokach Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 am

Good luck rastaman,you are the best option for LN.Because this new region need someone active as you are!
SO PEOPLE OF LOWER NORMANDY VOTE FOR RASTARI
Kokach
Kokach

Number of posts : 504
eLocation : London,UK
Erepublik Username : Kokach
E-rep function: : PCP proud member, D platoon leader - paratrooper
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 am

thanx kokach and i'll also like to say that the mdu have tried to recruit me, and although i have nothing against them for doing this it is within there right to actively seek possible members i would like to state that i am not one of them, and this head is not for turning!
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Rastari is arguably the second most awesome person in the forum Razz
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 pm

hm i wander who's first

1400th post yay! i haven't celebrated since about 400 so it's overdue
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:13 pm

I forgot to celebrate 2000
So 2500 is next milestone Razz
Taytaz
Taytaz

E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:27 pm

should get there in about 10 minutes lol any questions anyone?
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:08 pm

I'll just throw this out there, I think that polling the citizenry may be a bad idea. On the surface it seems good, and it would be cool to talk to the people or have the message with their opinions but lets say that people of lower normandy want to enact some outrageous law that would ruin the region or the country, you know that it's a bad law but you feel obligated to run with it. I say hold the QnA and nix the polls.
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Number of posts : 341
eLocation : London, eUnited Kingdom
Erepublik Username : Nemo Mobilis
E-rep function: : Sergeant Squad G Royal Navy, UKRP, Writer, Director of Nautilus Press
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:15 pm

if it's an outrageous idea then nobody else in congress would vote for it but i get your point it might be a little risky
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Well, nemo, basically you are atracking democracy, what us to stop Lower Normans electing someone ridiculous who will start a resistance, what will stop HoC attacking the US?
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:26 pm

What is being used is a representative democracy. A dircet democracy isn't coded for the game and isn't particularly useful. If I were to vote for Rastari I'm voting for his positions and ideas, and under a direct democracy it may as well be me or any other person in LN to act a go between for the populace. Besides that how will you get a full panel of polls and what happens when you have uninformed voters polling on issues they don't udnerstand? I want to see Rastari get a fair shot here, across party lines and all that.
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

E-rep function: : Sergeant Squad G Royal Navy, UKRP, Writer, Director of Nautilus Press

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:28 pm

If they are uninformed, why let them vote in the first place
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:32 pm

That's why you have a semblance of democratic thought in a representative democracy, which is what we have here. Besides did I recommend eliminating voters rights?
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:37 pm

well like i said the poll thing is something deathtoll started for the west midlands and it seems to be working well there because it creates debates and i think in an active region like this it would work, possibly with a veto system being included but i don't think i would have to use it. and as far as voting for somebody because of there views you would be voting for me because you would have the ability to get your own opinion across and of the policies i would propose like the setting up a local council if you have any questions about my views on national politics then you are more than willing to ask them
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:47 pm

There, good answer! Tell me what are your national views? Where do you see the eUK fitting into the world? What about trade and business?
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 pm

well i was planning on sticking on local views as that's what's important until lower normandy gets up and running properly, but the man asked a question so where will we fit in the world? we'll we will fit as a member of the international community we should not try to become the leader of this community we could try to become the best e.g have the most active members but i think you was asking about my opinion on foreign policy and i think we should maintain good relations with other countries offer other countries assistance when in need and not too try and inflict our beliefs on other people although it is wrong to take away somebodies freedom is it right to take away another countries freedom for there's, do two wrongs make a right? so I would be for co existence with other countries and against wars just for the sake of resources.

right so what was the other one? ah trade and business well I think that a small amount of government control is needed for stopping undercutting for example and smaller business's do deserve protection, I also believe in the importance of government ran business's as they provide jobs for younger citizens and also a scheme which might be able to give newer members the opportunity to have some manegment experience before they have enough money to start there own business because there are lots of new business's that go bust and possibly a training scheme or just better tutorials on the nitty gritty of starting a business would help with this
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Can I ask about you foreign policy? For example, do you think we should continue the war?
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Number of posts : 502
eLocation : UK London
Erepublik Username : SaraDroz
E-rep function: : Easy Platoon Sargeant
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.pxr.net/theempire

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:30 pm

i am opposed to why we are at war but i think now the war has started me moaning about it is of no benefit, doubts are for before and after wars, and now we have started the war we cannot stop or they will attack us the war has to be won by either side now and if we let them go free they will try to invade the euk that would only be a matter of time.
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mobilis Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

I agree with your state sponsored businesses, and i also did not like the idea of going to war in the first place, but once we got in I was all on board with it. So what territories we take we should keep?
Nemo Mobilis
Nemo Mobilis

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

that depends on how the French act tbh and if we did return them i think we're talking some months down the line
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm

rastari... I need to speak to others but we are planning a Navy/MoD initiative along the lines you suggest but as a public/private partnership...
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Nemo Mobilis wrote:I agree with your state sponsored businesses, and i also did not like the idea of going to war in the first place, but once we got in I was all on board with it. So what territories we take we should keep?
EVERYTHING Razz
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Thankyou for your reply on foreign policy. How would you 'end the war'? and why did you not agree with it?

"doubts are for before and after wars" : An admirable statement Smile.
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 pm

well i would leave paris i think it is best that we show some humanity i mean look at prussia austria in rl prussia (bismark) decided to stop short of actually taking any austrian land so that relationships could be built in the long term and i think austro-hungary fighting with the germans in ww1 proves that bismark got that one right, and i think if we leave paris there will be less chance of resistance wars a place for the french people to stay without having to be a stranger in there own country, and an opportunity for some co-operation with the french in the future. and the reasons i disagree with the war is because there is no great argument for the war. iron and because they where oppressing the Swiss is not enough reason, getting one mans freedom by oppressing another is not a noble act, but like i said now is not the time to be doubting.
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 pm

So all France but Paris?

Next question: How do you see Navy in Normandy devoloping?
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next