Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

+4
Will Salmon
rastari
SaraDroz
EJPayne94
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

Post by Taytaz Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:54 am

But waste implies that it is not a worthy cause. Congressmen shouldn't use personal assets to better their chances, wealth should not be a factor in elections
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Much more Detatiled EJPayne Running for congress! (For UKRP)

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 am

I agree EJ, if you ask a question I should answer. Vice versa.

EJPayne94 wrote:
I disagree what whould you class as needy?

I'd say the needy are those who have low wellness and have a poor job. I think that covers that.

EJPayne94 wrote:
You say you want to support the troops how will you do that?
Will it be the government or YOUR money?

As I have said before, I would support the troops by giving setting up an organisation to supply jobs at a good wage. This would mean they would have money in their pocket. Profits made from the company would pay for wellness and weapons for these troops, and a general fund would be made available for aid. Extra funding could come from voluntary donations or the Charity Act. A lot of time is going into making this a reality soon. It would ensure employment, prosperity and security in the region. I would also campaign for a good hospital, previously the main reason against it was that the French may take our region back, but we have the RN here now, and for us to fight effectively we need it.

I presume you've heard the "If you give a man a fish..." story, well I can't help but feel that these several competitions and incentives you are trying to introduce, funded by yourself, are the fish - I want to supply the fishing rod. And what will happen with your competitions at the end of your term, and you don't get voted back in. Will you keep doing it forever or stop just because you lost power?

My ideas may not be as popular as 3 gold for inviting the most people in who stay for a month, but they are the sensible and measured ideas that would benefit all of us now and in the long term.
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Number of posts : 457
eLocation : Walloon
Erepublik Username : Will Salmon
E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am

Will Salmon wrote:I agree EJ, if you ask a question I should answer. Vice versa.

EJPayne94 wrote:
I disagree what whould you class as needy?

I'd say the needy are those who have low wellness and have a poor job. I think that covers that.

EJPayne94 wrote:
You say you want to support the troops how will you do that?
Will it be the government or YOUR money?

As I have said before, I would support the troops by giving setting up an organisation to supply jobs at a good wage. This would mean they would have money in their pocket. Profits made from the company would pay for wellness and weapons for these troops, and a general fund would be made available for aid. Extra funding could come from voluntary donations or the Charity Act. A lot of time is going into making this a reality soon. It would ensure employment, prosperity and security in the region. I would also campaign for a good hospital, previously the main reason against it was that the French may take our region back, but we have the RN here now, and for us to fight effectively we need it.

I presume you've heard the "If you give a man a fish..." story, well I can't help but feel that these several competitions and incentives you are trying to introduce, funded by yourself, are the fish - I want to supply the fishing rod. And what will happen with your competitions at the end of your term, and you don't get voted back in. Will you keep doing it forever or stop just because you lost power?

My ideas may not be as popular as 3 gold for inviting the most people in who stay for a month, but they are the sensible and measured ideas that would benefit all of us now and in the long term.
So someone who is not active and doesnt play the game alot you will give wellness to them?

But surely if you setup more bussiness in LN the prices of Iron are going to fall thus Lowerg wages?
Well when i said competions It will also encourage people on the fourms?
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Number of posts : 279
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : EJPayne
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:11 am

i don't think there's a way of judging that there active or not they could fall of the face of the earth the next day
rastari
rastari

Number of posts : 2428
eLocation : india
Erepublik Username : rastari
E-rep function: : member of pcp
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 am

Actually, just check eRep source code with Json's app
Taytaz
Taytaz

E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 am

yeah i meant whether thet'll stay active
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:19 am

EJPayne94 wrote:
So someone who is not active and doesnt play the game alot you will give wellness to them?

No, wellness wouldn't be given away willy nilly (lol), wellness for the troops could be donated to the MoD who are gonna have a structure involving corporals to donate equipment to troops. And RN troops have to be active, if not a Sergeant would pick up on that. For those not in the military, they would ofc have to ask or communicate somehow their need for wellness - this could be done through the forum and would encourage forum use. However, wellness would not be a priority (but could be given out) to non-military ppl, as the NHS now exists in LN. Maybe wellness could be donated to the NHS, helping to reduce their budget, and ensuring fair distribution.

On the subject of the NHS I would make sure someone competently controlled it, atm it isn't in full use, if I was a member of congress for LN I would change this.

EJPayne94 wrote:
But surely if you setup more bussiness in LN the prices of Iron are going to fall thus Lowerg wages?

Wages would not drop, I would try and make them higher than average for military personnel. This is because it would a not-for-profit org, and I plan to receive funding partly from the Charity Act and voluntary donations (as I have said).

You may ask why I would give higher wages to the military, if I give higher wages to everyone it could produce a wage war which would hurt commercial business and thus the economy.

Also, EJ, why are you in LN, I don't think the RG are stationed here are they?
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by SaraDroz Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:52 am

Yes for they are all ambitious...Smile.
SaraDroz
SaraDroz

Number of posts : 502
eLocation : UK London
Erepublik Username : SaraDroz
E-rep function: : Easy Platoon Sargeant
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.pxr.net/theempire

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 am

Not being a idiot but what are 'RG'
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:14 am

The Royal Guard, you are a sergeant there right? (Or do I have everything horribly wrong)
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 am

yes you do ok back to the topic
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:27 am

My point about this is this: me and Rastari both have vested interest in LN, we were stationed here by the government and its our home. We will refuse to give it up.

Why did you come here? It has to be some personal reason for personal gain. Therefore I think I'd be a better candidate because I want this not for personal gain, but to serve the nation.
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 am

why are you leaving the place your are currently a member of congress for ej? have you finished al your buisness there?
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 am

Will Salmon wrote:My point about this is this: me and Rastari both have vested interest in LN, we were stationed here by the government and its our home. We will refuse to give it up.

Why did you come here? It has to be some personal reason for personal gain. Therefore I think I'd be a better candidate because I want this not for personal gain, but to serve the nation.
Seriously are you just accussing me being congressman for my gain!!!
I respect you but this is now becoming ridicoulaus please stop.
I have now catched the flu so i will not be able to ask any questions.
Good luck.
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 am

rastari wrote:why are you leaving the place your are currently a member of congress for ej? have you finished al your buisness there?
I swear you cant be relected twice?

I have now got the flu so i wont be online for about a week.
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 am

i think you can get relected oh and hope you get better soon
rastari
rastari

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks the only reson i came to LN because i though you couldnt get reelected
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 am

I'll stop with the questions till you are back, when I'll explain my reasoning Razz
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Back to top Go down

Post by EJPayne94 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks
EJPayne94
EJPayne94

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Lol, of course you can get re-elected!
Taytaz
Taytaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3