Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aoplogies for long absence

5 posters

Go down

Aoplogies for long absence Empty Aoplogies for long absence

Post by wazcaster Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:32 am

I'm sorry for my long, long absence from the eUK, but I've had a shite year to tell you the truth, with one thing leading to another. First off, I swanned off to the US for a week of skiiing, where I went and broke my leg whilst going down a double diamond black run. So, after two days, that was the end of my holiday. If I was following my doctors advice I shouldnt really have flown back, however I couldnt stay there for long because I didnt have a visa, which resulted in the worst nine hours of my life, stuck on a plane, with the only form of entertainment being counting sheep in my head.
By the time my leg was fully healed it was mid  march. Of course, by then my broadband had been cut off because I hadn't been able to pay it. That, I thought, didnt matter, because I could easily pay it when I got back to work. Nope. Upon going re-entering the office, I was duly told I had been fired. I tried to kick up a bit of a storm, but, of course, they called in security. So I was chucked out by a big bloke who the police rejected.
The following day I went down to the jobcentre, and was told it would take 10-14 days for my application for jobseekrs allowance to be put through the system. I asked about office jobs and was told they had a vacancy - at the company which had just fired me. A week later, Sky cut me off, so I was reduced to having no TV (I no longer have a normal TV aerial, and I'd be buggered if I tried to install one myself).
For the next month or so, I set about looking, and failing to find, a suitable job. Eventually I found a vacancy, so I went and had an interview. Five blokes in suits questioned me about my previous job experience before asking me 'so, you wouldn't happen to have a facebook profile would you'? They looked shocked when I said 'no', resonding with 'thank you. We'll be in touch', which almost certainly meant 'go away and don't come back'.
I can't really be arsed typing up much more, but needless to say they rejected my job application. I eventually did get a new job, but then of course I had to spend ages struggling with Orange to get my broadband reconnected. Its only just happened (I tried to access erepublik at work, but the facists have put up content filters. erepublik, along with many other browser based game sites, is blocked. I couldn't access it by proxy either, as that was also filtered out).
I can't promise that I'll be on daily, however, like I used to be, but I'll try and be more active around here.

Last edited by wazcaster on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
wazcaster
wazcaster

Number of posts : 262
eLocation : London, United Kingdom
Erepublik Username : wazcaster
E-rep function: : Member of TUP, Press Director of The Daily Independent, aMoH
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Aoplogies for long absence Empty Re: Aoplogies for long absence

Post by Big Boy Bulley Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:48 am

Good to see you back, sounds like you have had a erally bad few months of late!!
Big Boy Bulley
Big Boy Bulley

Number of posts : 3319
eLocation : Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Erepublik Username : Big Boy Bulley
E-rep function: : Aurum Shareholder/Manager/ Financial Manager, Worldwide Merchant.
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by wazcaster Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:57 am

Yeah. I hope things are finally going to turn round.
So, whats changed in the eworld? I've noticed eRepublik is now open to everyone, and has a new, if slightly confusing, UI. Anything major happened in terms of wars, elections etc?

Edit: whats with the quiz when you go to train. I didnt know any of the answers.
wazcaster
wazcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by funky44 Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:45 am

We don't either! Admins think quiz is interesting. Well we had quite some wars, the last one in the beta was WW1: Good guys (us and atlantis) vs Bad guys (peace). Erm, we had some resistance wars in V1 no full out one yet. The RW for Australia failed.

But that year you had really sucks!!
funky44
funky44

Number of posts : 1760
Erepublik Username : Funky44
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dishmcds Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:23 am

Welcome back. Where did you go skiing at?

Anyhow, hopefully your run of bad luck is now through, and things will turn around Smile
Dishmcds
Dishmcds

Number of posts : 4820
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Dishmcds
E-rep function: : Aurum Partner, UK President
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by srachit Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:42 am

funky44 wrote: Good guys (us and atlantis) vs Bad guys (peace).

Funky if u were part of peace then it would be written like this

funky44 wrote:Good guys (us and peace) vs Bad guys(atlantis)
srachit
srachit

Number of posts : 602
eLocation : India
Erepublik Username : srachit
E-rep function: : THE Millennium News Editior, Congress member in India
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by wazcaster Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:35 am

Dishmcds wrote:Welcome back. Where did you go skiing at?

Anyhow, hopefully your run of bad luck is now through, and things will turn around Smile

America. Somehow I don't think its fair to blame Christopher Columbus for my broken leg. I did wonder why that run was so steep Razz.
Anyway, I think my luck has gone the same way economic growth has - down the loo. I think things are going to get better for me now. The only obstacle is that my current boss appears to be keeping a very close eye on me, almost as though he's going to throw me out of a window on the twelfth floor if I make the smallest mistake. At least I hope that's the reason...
wazcaster
wazcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dishmcds Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:38 am

I saw America, was curious which part. I live in Denver, so I'm not all that far from those Double Black Diamond style runs. Smile
Dishmcds
Dishmcds

Number of posts : 4820
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Dishmcds
E-rep function: : Aurum Partner, UK President
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down