A levels

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A levels - Page 3 Empty Re: A levels

Post by widdows9000 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:20 am

I'm not gonna not take it just because it's hard though, it's the path I want to go down and it being hard won't stop me going for it.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Hammybear, it's very possible to blag an A in A level maths, i think it just depends upon your natural ability.

Widds, what unis are you thinking of applying to?
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by malta_1990 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I had Accounting and Economics at A-level, with English, I.T., Pure Maths and Systems of Knowledge as I-level. Its the Maltese system where I-level subjects have an easier syllabus than A-levels. Systems of Knowledge is similar to what you would call Social Studies. I'm now at University studying for a B.Sc. in Business and Computing.
malta_1990
malta_1990

Number of posts : 1797
eLocation : North East, eUK (RL - Valletta, Malta)
Erepublik Username : malta_1990
E-rep function: : Congressman, NHS Director, TA Sergeant, WMI Director and Bank of Newcastle Chairman
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.managerzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by widdows9000 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:45 pm

twaters wrote:Hammybear, it's very possible to blag an A in A level maths, i think it just depends upon your natural ability.

Widds, what unis are you thinking of applying to?

I doubt I'll be able to get into Oxford or Cambridge but if I get the grades I'll be looking at those definitely. I heard Durham was the third best in the country... Don't really know much about the rest lol. Any tips on the better ones?

I was also thinking of going to university in the States...
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Jack on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:47 pm

I doubt I'll be able to get into Oxford or Cambridge but if I get the grades I'll be looking at those definitely. I heard Durham was the third best in the country... Don't really know much about the rest lol. Any tips on the better ones?

I wouldn't want to go to oxford or cambridge, i know a few people who went and they said they worked solidly and never got chance to get off the campus. When i go to uni okay i want a good degree but i also want the lifestyle. Basically i wanna get drunk a lot Very Happy
Free Jack
Free Jack

Number of posts : 1225
eLocation : eNottingham
E-rep function: : UYA owner, PCP member, Congressman (2nd Term), MoD apprentice
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hammybear on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:29 pm

twaters wrote:Hammybear, it's very possible to blag an A in A level maths, i think it just depends upon whether you go to all of your periods

Fixed.

Man if i was given the chance to go to the States for college i would have been packed there and then.
I sort of wish i had gone to uni when i see me mates who are there, but the whole studying thing is what would have gotten to me lol. I'm pretty laid back so only do stuff when i want to or feel it needs doing so it would have been a big waste of money for me. Not that i've ruled out going in the next couple of years though. I just couldn't come to an agreement on what to actually take and i didn't wanna be one of these people that take some s*** course and never have intention/ chance to use it when they're finished. (probably half of those that actually attend.)
hammybear
hammybear

Number of posts : 240
eLocation : East Midlands
Erepublik Username : hammybear
E-rep function: : para, trained in weapons
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down