Tom Clanceys EndWar

Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Flamur on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone is planning to get this?

Im getting it as part of my Birthday package of Two Xbox Games, Gaming Computer and other random s***.


I've played the demo and have read around their site and the game looks simply amazing. Voice command is awesome, allbeit a bit dodgy and frustrating about 5% of the time but I think what they've done is amazing. The idea of a ongoing persistant WWIII campaign online with loads of other players between 3 factions sounds like a winner.

Although I find the game WAY underpopularised (I dont think thats a word?)...I mean, the game is so unique and offers so many new things to the Xbox gaming experience yet not a lot of people know about it? I mean, very few (By that, I mean 1) of my friends know about this game.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Deathtoll32 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:08 pm

I played the demo too.

It definitely seems like a good game. Unfortunately, it also seems like it [voice command] could get quite old quickly.

I think that the only thing that makes the game "cool" is the voice command.

I originally was going to ask for it for X-mas, but it just doesn't seem as good after actually having played the demo. Demo seems enough for me Razz
Deathtoll32
Deathtoll32

Number of posts : 1615
eLocation : West Midlands
Erepublik Username : Deathtoll32
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by widdows9000 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:40 am

I might be getting it, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be on the PS3 but it is.

Is it all strategy?

Or can you play as one of the soldiers on the ground?

EDIT: How can they fit loads of other players into a huge campaign? Does each player take charge of a fort for example?
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
Age : 26
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Hassan Pesearn on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:15 am

I will definitely not be getting it. I was in the private beta, and it gets old so fast. The game has practically no depth and is just a glorified rock paper scissor fight; even Pokemon had more depth than this.
Hassan Pesearn
Hassan Pesearn

Number of posts : 1191
Age : 27
eLocation : London
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by widdows9000 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 am

Lol. I'll probably have some look at some reviews soon (none up yet) and then make a decision.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
Age : 26
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Bremer on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:32 am

I'm not a hardcore player.
But I like strategy, is this game for me?

Or should I stick with my WiiSports+ Mario Galaxy?
Bremer
Bremer

Number of posts : 2497
Age : 131
eLocation : Switzerland
Erepublik Username : Bremer
E-rep function: : Member of Parliament(6th term), Chancellor(4th), Mayor of Wales 4 times, Bremer & Empire Owner
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Flamur on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Hassan Pesaran wrote:I will definitely not be getting it. I was in the private beta, and it gets old so fast. The game has practically no depth and is just a glorified rock paper scissor fight; even Pokemon had more depth than this.

Be gone with this Blasphemy!



I cant wait for the WWIII persistant map thing. As far as I'm aware widdows, each player has to play the prelude campaign. That allows you to play a bit of each faction to try them out, then when you finish you choose one. Then you go onto the map and there are, I believe, 40 battlefields. You can choose to fight on one of them and at the end of the day I think all the battles are calculated or something (seeing which country won the most in which areas or something) and then that territory goes to that country. Although this is all my thoughts from the screenshots and bit of news I've read.


Bremer, I would certainly suggest this to you. It isn't as hardcore as HoI2 lets say, but it isnt too lacking in depth that a hardcore strategy player cant enjoy it. One thing I think will help those less hardcore strategy players is the voice command. I know I get tired of pointing and clicking for strategy games on a console (C&C...) so the fact that you hardly have to use the controller is a great sigh of relief for me.

Hassan, in the BETA did you guys try the WWIII map thing? Could you explain it a little or tell me if im close or very wrong lol Razz
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by RoryMcDonald on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Like I said in a previous thread.

RoryMcDonald wrote:Shhh guys, don't shout but I was on the beta for it.
It seriously put me off, I wouldn't buy it in a million year now.
All it is, is an elaborate game of rock, paper, scissors.

So yeah what Hassan said.
RoryMcDonald
RoryMcDonald

Number of posts : 104
Age : 28
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Rory McDonald
E-rep function: : UKRP Congressman, Aurum Food UK employee
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Hassan Pesearn on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Flamur wrote:
Hassan Pesaran wrote:I will definitely not be getting it. I was in the private beta, and it gets old so fast. The game has practically no depth and is just a glorified rock paper scissor fight; even Pokemon had more depth than this.

Be gone with this Blasphemy!



I cant wait for the WWIII persistant map thing. As far as I'm aware widdows, each player has to play the prelude campaign. That allows you to play a bit of each faction to try them out, then when you finish you choose one. Then you go onto the map and there are, I believe, 40 battlefields. You can choose to fight on one of them and at the end of the day I think all the battles are calculated or something (seeing which country won the most in which areas or something) and then that territory goes to that country. Although this is all my thoughts from the screenshots and bit of news I've read.


Bremer, I would certainly suggest this to you. It isn't as hardcore as HoI2 lets say, but it isnt too lacking in depth that a hardcore strategy player cant enjoy it. One thing I think will help those less hardcore strategy players is the voice command. I know I get tired of pointing and clicking for strategy games on a console (C&C...) so the fact that you hardly have to use the controller is a great sigh of relief for me.

Hassan, in the BETA did you guys try the WWIII map thing? Could you explain it a little or tell me if im close or very wrong lol Razz

Yeah, the people in the beta got to try it out, thats all we got to do actually. I was just as excited for it as you, but after playing the thing a few times it was just horrendous. You did describe it perfectly; you choose one of three factions, Russia, EU or USA and fight over territories on a risk-like map. The results are added up and people either gain or lose territories. You also have a persistent army that levels up and stuff, but if you change sides you lose that army and have to start again.
Hassan Pesearn
Hassan Pesearn

Number of posts : 1191
Age : 27
eLocation : London
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Flamur on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Hassan Pesaran wrote:
Flamur wrote:
Hassan Pesaran wrote:I will definitely not be getting it. I was in the private beta, and it gets old so fast. The game has practically no depth and is just a glorified rock paper scissor fight; even Pokemon had more depth than this.

Be gone with this Blasphemy!



I cant wait for the WWIII persistant map thing. As far as I'm aware widdows, each player has to play the prelude campaign. That allows you to play a bit of each faction to try them out, then when you finish you choose one. Then you go onto the map and there are, I believe, 40 battlefields. You can choose to fight on one of them and at the end of the day I think all the battles are calculated or something (seeing which country won the most in which areas or something) and then that territory goes to that country. Although this is all my thoughts from the screenshots and bit of news I've read.


Bremer, I would certainly suggest this to you. It isn't as hardcore as HoI2 lets say, but it isnt too lacking in depth that a hardcore strategy player cant enjoy it. One thing I think will help those less hardcore strategy players is the voice command. I know I get tired of pointing and clicking for strategy games on a console (C&C...) so the fact that you hardly have to use the controller is a great sigh of relief for me.

Hassan, in the BETA did you guys try the WWIII map thing? Could you explain it a little or tell me if im close or very wrong lol Razz

Yeah, the people in the beta got to try it out, thats all we got to do actually. I was just as excited for it as you, but after playing the thing a few times it was just horrendous. You did describe it perfectly; you choose one of three factions, Russia, EU or USA and fight over territories on a risk-like map. The results are added up and people either gain or lose territories. You also have a persistent army that levels up and stuff, but if you change sides you lose that army and have to start again.

If its how I described, I completely fail to see how its a game of Rock Paper Scissors. And I still think it'll be very worth it. VERY worth it.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Hassan Pesearn on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 am

Ok, so you have 4 units; Transports, Tanks, Infantry and Helicopters. Transports beat Helis, Tanks beat Transports and Helis beat Tanks

So at the end of the day, all you're trying to do is get your unit to the right place to combat the right opponent.
Hassan Pesearn
Hassan Pesearn

Number of posts : 1191
Age : 27
eLocation : London
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Taytaz on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 am

Damn...sounds like its too confusing for me...i'll be stuck playing Pokemon for the rest of my days
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
Age : 111
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Sam010 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 am

freneticpanda wrote:Damn...sounds like its too confusing for me...i'll be stuck playing Pokemon for the rest of my days

Very Happy No shame in that, quality game
Sam010
Sam010

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Flamur on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:04 am

Hassan Pesaran wrote:Ok, so you have 4 units; Transports, Tanks, Infantry and Helicopters. Transports beat Helis, Tanks beat Transports and Helis beat Tanks

So at the end of the day, all you're trying to do is get your unit to the right place to combat the right opponent.

I heard you can purchase upgrades for your stuff? Such as AA guns for your tanks. Doesnt that mean that Tanks can put up a fight against Helicopters? Wink

Oh, and there are still riflemen and grenadiers Smile They're pretty useful.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by widdows9000 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:45 am

I'll probably be getting it for Xmas, it's not my money lol. Plus I'm stuck for ideas apart from CoD5 which I'm definitely getting.
widdows9000
widdows9000

Number of posts : 4028
Age : 26
eLocation : North East, UK
Erepublik Username : widdows9000
E-rep function: : SHP Manager, Lord, SAS member
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Flamur on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 am

CoD5 is said to be rubbish, and Im starting to believe it seeing at some of the s*** ive seen doesnt look that impressive.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Tom Clanceys EndWar Empty Re: Tom Clanceys EndWar

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum