360 or PS3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by reminder on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Flamur wrote:
reminder wrote:There is one more advantage to those living in poor countries - xbox 360 can be flashed, so a game costs no more than the cost of a DVD. Comparing to amazing prices of PS3 games, this is a gift from the Heaven.

I have already started playing Gears of War 2...

and PS3 has yet to be cracked/flashed.

Having a cracked/flashed Xbox is s*** and retarded and against the law. PS3 should call themselves lucky.

Cool, I'm a retard.

Care to live in a single parent family with 4 kids and ~350 euros a month? Or do you advise me to play with a yo-yo? Prices of food/goods here are about the same as in all Europe (we belong to EU after all... our wages don't seem to reflect that though)

Thank you for looking down on those poorer than you.


PS3 game makers are happy. XBOX 360 game makers aren't that happy, but they get their profit anyway. In fact, popularity of XBOX console is even boosting all xbox sales, as you (usually) can't play online with a flashed XBOX. I know people who have two consoles - one flashed and one not. They test games and if they likethem, they buy them. Better than not buying at all, huh?
reminder
reminder

Number of posts : 89
Age : 33
Erepublik Username : reminder
E-rep function: : useless
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Sam010 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 pm

reminder wrote:
Thank you for looking down on those poorer than you.


What a ridiculous comment. He is not looking down on people poorer, it is on people breaking the law. It would be different if someone was punished because they couldn't possibly get a job and had to steal a loaf of bread. However i think when it involves breaking the law simply to get a state of the art gaming system which is a luxury good it is COMPLETELY different.
Sam010
Sam010

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by kingofapples on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Cracked games = cheep/illegal
underage sex = illegal
smoking = illegal
drugs = illegal
limewire/bitlord/bittorrren = illegal/retarded
downloading ripped music = illegal

One of those you must have done flamur Smile

if not, you have no life Very Happy
kingofapples
kingofapples

Number of posts : 502
Age : 32
eLocation : In a field, England
Erepublik Username : kingofapples
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by mr. brodie on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm

*sigh*

I have no life Sad
mr. brodie
mr. brodie

Number of posts : 3769
Age : 26
Erepublik Username : mr. brodie
E-rep function: : Being awesome?
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by reminder on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Sam010 wrote:
reminder wrote:
Thank you for looking down on those poorer than you.


What a ridiculous comment. He is not looking down on people poorer, it is on people breaking the law. It would be different if someone was punished because they couldn't possibly get a job and had to steal a loaf of bread. However i think when it involves breaking the law simply to get a state of the art gaming system which is a luxury good it is COMPLETELY different.

Your very concept of a crime is wrong since no one (even the gaming industry) suffers. Either I play a game or I don't. I can't buy it either way. I paid for my console, so I support XBOX industry.

Isn't it jealousy that makes you say that people who can't afford "luxury" goods don't deserve them? THIS is what I call "looking down on the poorer".
reminder
reminder

Number of posts : 89
Age : 33
Erepublik Username : reminder
E-rep function: : useless
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Flamur on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm

reminder wrote:
Sam010 wrote:
reminder wrote:
Thank you for looking down on those poorer than you.


What a ridiculous comment. He is not looking down on people poorer, it is on people breaking the law. It would be different if someone was punished because they couldn't possibly get a job and had to steal a loaf of bread. However i think when it involves breaking the law simply to get a state of the art gaming system which is a luxury good it is COMPLETELY different.

Your very concept of a crime is wrong since no one (even the gaming industry) suffers. Either I play a game or I don't. I can't buy it either way. I paid for my console, so I support XBOX industry.

Isn't it jealousy that makes you say that people who can't afford "luxury" goods don't deserve them? THIS is what I call "looking down on the poorer".

Wtf are you talking about? Your chatting complete s***. Stop. I don't look down on the poor, I'd be the one handing them a bit of cash.

There is no such thing as Jealousy in this thread. You can't afford to buy all the Xbox games - so don't buy them. I know I can't buy all the Xbox games so I don't. Does that make me poor? Or does that mean others look down at me? No, you're just talking complete bullshit.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by reminder on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Ok, let's cool our heads a bit. I take back my words about jealousy for now. Let's say that I misunderstood you.

(we're still on topic, I hope... after all, that's one of the greater advantages of xbox... there's a reason why there's one PS3 owner to 10 Xbox owners in my country)

Flamur wrote:Having a cracked/flashed Xbox is s*** and retarded and against the law. PS3 should call themselves lucky.

*Having a cracked/flashed Xbox is against the law.
I agree with you on this. Even though I see no problem in breaking a law if it doesn't hurt anyone.

*Having a cracked/flashed Xbox is s*** and retarded
I can't understand you. Why is it? What is retarded/who are retards?


PS. Our points of view are probably different, but I see no problem in using an alternative instead of not using anything at all. Especially when there's no harm done to anyone.
reminder
reminder

Number of posts : 89
Age : 33
Erepublik Username : reminder
E-rep function: : useless
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Big Boy Bulley on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 pm

There is harm done, you arent paying for the official game, hence saving you money, and meaning less sale for xbox, if everyone did this, there would be no point in xbox even selling games!!
Big Boy Bulley
Big Boy Bulley

Number of posts : 3319
eLocation : Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Erepublik Username : Big Boy Bulley
E-rep function: : Aurum Shareholder/Manager/ Financial Manager, Worldwide Merchant.
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by reminder on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Big Boy Bulley wrote:There is harm done, you arent paying for the official game, hence saving you money, and meaning less sale for xbox

a) I don't buy games - game makers don't get anything.
b) I download my games - game makers don't get anything.

Is there a difference between a and b?

The only difference is that my life gets a little bit better while society/companies are not affected. I don't even share my games with anyone.

Big Boy Bulley wrote:if everyone did this, there would be no point in xbox even selling games!!

I have to agree on this one - if everyone who can afford xbox games wouldn't buy any, game makers would suffer. That's why we have the law that was mentioned - after all, companies must get money for their products. Those who can afford an xbox should buy it. In fact, they do - one of the main reasons is that legally bought xbox'es can be used for Live. Anyone who has a legal console can play online, and if you asked any gamer what's the greatest advantage of Xbox 360 is over older consoles, it would probably be Live. Which is forbidden for me.

I wouldn't have bought an Xbox or any console at all if I had to pay the price of that console for 4-5 games. Squeezing enough money from my summer jobs was barely enough to get a console itself.

What I want to notice is that I'm not a retard (well, I'm a bt stupid, but that's another question) or a thief. For those who can't afford buying games, it's an improvement which doesn't hurt anyone. Those who can afford legal games and don't buy them are criminals indeed. See the difference.
reminder
reminder

Number of posts : 89
Age : 33
Erepublik Username : reminder
E-rep function: : useless
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Dishmcds on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:45 pm

>For those who can't afford buying games, it's an improvement which doesn't hurt anyone. Those who can afford legal games and don't buy them are criminals indeed. See the difference.

In the morality of things, yes. In the legality of things, no. They're both the same in the eyes of the law, and should be treated as such.

Same type of thing: If you run a stop sign in the middle of nowhere and no one sees you do it, have you broken the law, and who's the victim?
Dishmcds
Dishmcds

Number of posts : 4820
Age : 38
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Dishmcds
E-rep function: : Aurum Partner, UK President
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Flamur on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 am

reminder wrote:
Big Boy Bulley wrote:There is harm done, you arent paying for the official game, hence saving you money, and meaning less sale for xbox

a) I don't buy games - game makers don't get anything.
b) I download my games - game makers don't get anything.

Is there a difference between a and b?

The only difference is that my life gets a little bit better while society/companies are not affected. I don't even share my games with anyone.

Big Boy Bulley wrote:if everyone did this, there would be no point in xbox even selling games!!

I have to agree on this one - if everyone who can afford xbox games wouldn't buy any, game makers would suffer. That's why we have the law that was mentioned - after all, companies must get money for their products. Those who can afford an xbox should buy it. In fact, they do - one of the main reasons is that legally bought xbox'es can be used for Live. Anyone who has a legal console can play online, and if you asked any gamer what's the greatest advantage of Xbox 360 is over older consoles, it would probably be Live. Which is forbidden for me.

I wouldn't have bought an Xbox or any console at all if I had to pay the price of that console for 4-5 games. Squeezing enough money from my summer jobs was barely enough to get a console itself.

What I want to notice is that I'm not a retard (well, I'm a bt stupid, but that's another question) or a thief. For those who can't afford buying games, it's an improvement which doesn't hurt anyone. Those who can afford legal games and don't buy them are criminals indeed. See the difference.

Bolded bit = What do you mean your not a thief? You're getting Xbox games by not legitemately buying them. Therefore you are a thief.

The fact your trying to justify yourself is more pathetic in my opinion. You should know you're in the wrong and just leave it at that.


Underlined bit = Then don't buy it.


Italics bit = Then why are you allowed to avoid this law? You're not. Hence you being stupid and a thief.
Flamur
Flamur

Number of posts : 2815
Erepublik Username : Flamur
E-rep function: : MDU Member, Paratrooper CO, eUK Elites Member, Ex-Reserve Troop CO.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Sam010 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am

Dishmcds wrote:>For those who can't afford buying games, it's an improvement which doesn't hurt anyone. Those who can afford legal games and don't buy them are criminals indeed. See the difference.

In the morality of things, yes. In the legality of things, no. They're both the same in the eyes of the law, and should be treated as such.

Same type of thing: If you run a stop sign in the middle of nowhere and no one sees you do it, have you broken the law, and who's the victim?

Summed up quite perfectly.
Sam010
Sam010

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Hassan Pesearn on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 am

Wow, this has turned into a completely different debate.

For me, the only reason you should be downloading things illegally is if they aren't available anymore; for example old SNES games for an emulator.

If you cant afford games, then dont buy them, its simple. I may want a TV, but I dont just go and steal it, I save up for it. Theres no difference in my eyes.
Hassan Pesearn
Hassan Pesearn

Number of posts : 1191
Age : 27
eLocation : London
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by hammybear on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:42 am

I didn't even bother to look at the guys name but anyway, your basically saying that the people who can afford to should spend their money on 'luxury' items and those who can't afford to should just get it anyway.
er NO.
when i was a kid and my mum couldn't afford to buy everything that i would have liked because it was just me and her, she didn't turn around and say i can't afford to buy it so just go and take it from the shop instead. plain and simple, i just didn't get it, and that was the end of it. the point you've tried to make has absolutely no moral sense whatsoever. if everyone lived by your idea, nobody would work and everything would be free.
hammybear
hammybear

Number of posts : 240
Age : 31
eLocation : East Midlands
Erepublik Username : hammybear
E-rep function: : para, trained in weapons
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by mr. brodie on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Hmm, really wish this wasn't bumped =/

Can somebody lock it, or delete the mean posts plox? (:
mr. brodie
mr. brodie

Number of posts : 3769
Age : 26
Erepublik Username : mr. brodie
E-rep function: : Being awesome?
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

360 or PS3 - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 or PS3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum