Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Bright, Hero or Zero

+12
William of Orange
Final Destiny
Squiddy
Deilos
Somebodies Son
Deathtoll32
Malcovent
twaters
Brian Boru
Bremer
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Mr Sunshine
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Billy Bright, Hero or Zero - Page 2 Empty Re: Billy Bright, Hero or Zero

Post by William of Orange Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Squiddy wrote:No position? He's in the Irish Congress
I think someone is confusing the legislature with the government (the executive branch) again.

For example: The Rt Hon David Cameron MP is in the British Parliament: he does not have a position in the (Labour) government.
William of Orange
William of Orange

Number of posts : 808
eLocation : Belfast, UK
Erepublik Username : William of Orange
E-rep function: : Cpl, C Pl, PARA; Manager, Empire Weapons
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bremer Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Then he has a position in the irish politics but not in the irish gov. That's somewhat obvious.
Bremer
Bremer

Number of posts : 2497
eLocation : Switzerland
Erepublik Username : Bremer
E-rep function: : Member of Parliament(6th term), Chancellor(4th), Mayor of Wales 4 times, Bremer & Empire Owner
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by William of Orange Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Bremer wrote:Then he has a position in the irish politics but not in the irish gov. That's somewhat obvious.
It would help if I'd read that properly, wouldn't it?
William of Orange
William of Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 pm

twaters wrote:
Tamas Dzsudzsak wrote:What are our government getting in return for talking to your little SO?, or have I just read it?

Our government gains a reputation for being diplomatic, and listening and responding to the requests of others. I would much prefer this to a pig-headed government, and this approach is ultimately far more beneficial.
It is in as much as he gets to throw mutually beneficial muck at others.

If the powers that be are in diplomatic discussion with his group as a citizen it would be nice to know why, he has a minor part (as pointed out) in the Irish congress, so why are the powers that be in direct contact with his group, one of which had blazed all over a eRep page 'In talks with the English' like its some form of victory.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Number of posts : 668
eLocation : eUK, eCanada, ePoland, eAustralia, eArgentina, eSouth Africa (W. Cape), eSpain, eFrance.
Erepublik Username : Tamas Dzsudzsak
E-rep function: : Lieutenant 1st Platoon of the CAF, Part time fighter of freedom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:27 pm

I would assume (as Brian has mentioned on many, many occasions) that they are discussing the group's proposal for potential change in Belfast, or a regional referendum to see if any such change is desired.

The reason the discussion isn't with the whole of Irish congress is that it's not a UK-Ireland discussion.
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:33 pm

twaters wrote:I would assume (as Brian has mentioned on many, many occasions) that they are discussing the group's proposal for potential change in Belfast, or a regional referendum to see if any such change is desired.

The reason the discussion isn't with the whole of Irish congress is that it's not a UK-Ireland discussion.
So the government is discussing with an SO about selling out its own territory.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

eLocation : eUK, eCanada, ePoland, eAustralia, eArgentina, eSouth Africa (W. Cape), eSpain, eFrance.
E-rep function: : Lieutenant 1st Platoon of the CAF, Part time fighter of freedom

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:38 pm

*sigh*

If you say so. Go back through the threads, see what Brian actually has to say on the matter. See what KIA has to say on the matter. Brian seems to advocate democracy, which i don't have a problem with. There's no 'selling out' involved.
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:06 pm

twaters wrote:*sigh*

If you say so. Go back through the threads, see what Brian actually has to say on the matter. See what KIA has to say on the matter. Brian seems to advocate democracy, which i don't have a problem with. There's no 'selling out' involved.
Well considering you are talking to him about a non existant eRep issue, I would say there might just be.

And looking back I seem to remember someone saying its never going to happen, so why the talks?
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Back to top Go down

Post by Deilos Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Just because we're talking to them doesn't mean we want to give it to them.

But ignoring someone's argument is not a good policy. It only makes people more aggressive to try to get you to listen to them. Besides, they may have a valid point.

Anyway, it isn't the government's job to 'sell out' Belfast. If Belfast want to become part of Ireland rather than the eUK, they can do so. But they probably don't.
Deilos
Deilos

Number of posts : 2613
eLocation : North West
E-rep function: : Lord, Battle Monkey
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by William of Orange Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Isn't Belfast going to be one of our better regions for raw materials?
William of Orange
William of Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:35 pm

William of Orange wrote:Isn't Belfast going to be one of our better regions for raw materials?

Nope Admins changed it. Belfast now has nada.
Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Number of posts : 2297
eLocation : Northern Ireland
Erepublik Username : Final Destiny
E-rep function: : Former President of the United Kingdom.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by William of Orange Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Well, fact remains that it's British anyway: Ulster's place in the United Kingdom pre-dates Ireland's existence as an independent state, plus in Erep terms it's always been British.
William of Orange
William of Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Final Destiny wrote:
William of Orange wrote:Isn't Belfast going to be one of our better regions for raw materials?

Nope Admins changed it. Belfast now has nada.
Do why know why?, apart from maybe a mass influx of protest emails from south of the border. lol!

William of Orange wrote:plus in Erep terms it's always been British.
Its is, and that little fact makes a mockery of 'us' talking to what is basically an SO over an issue that does not exist.
Out in RL it does, but not in eRep, otherwise the accusation of mixing up RL and the game can be used, the same accusation that was levelled at a certain banned member.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Back to top Go down

Post by Deilos Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:16 pm

What would you rather we do? Ignore people's demands? How would you feel if we ignored you every time you made a comment that you feel is right but everyone else disagrees with?
Deilos
Deilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:08 pm

William of Orange wrote:Well, fact remains that it's British anyway: Ulster's place in the United Kingdom pre-dates Ireland's existence as an independent state, plus in Erep terms it's always been British.
About the RL issues, Bullshit.

The Kingdom of Ulster was an IRISH kingdom WAY before the Act of Union.
The Crown even acknowledged that by allowing an IRISH chieftain to rule it despite controlling much of the rest of the country, until they rebelled.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Number of posts : 302
E-rep function: : eIVF Chief of Staff, Irish Congressman, anti-Imperialist.
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:

The Crown even acknowledged that by allowing an IRISH chieftain to rule it despite controlling much of the rest of the country, until they rebelled.
And in RL (seeing as though you mentioned it) the Irish gave Ulster to England (the treaty is online at the Irish national archive), the only time there has ever been a 'united Ireland' was under British rule, before it was a clan based society, which isn't united in any sense of the word, afterwards the British and Irish agreed to partition due to the people living in the North wanting it.....democracy in action.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamas Dzsudzsak Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:08 am

Deilos wrote:What would you rather we do? Ignore people's demands? How would you feel if we ignored you every time you made a comment that you feel is right but everyone else disagrees with?
Demands?, who is demanding what and what power do they have in eRep to demand it?

An SO making wild claims about a area that in the realms of the game has nothing to do with them, deserves nothing more than to be ignored, as I have said before pampering to them out of some misguided sense of democracy only empowers them.

You ignoring my comments about this (as a citizen of eUK) is undemocratic, I know your party has the monopoly in the country (as you already claimed victory) but to ignore the other side comments (not to mention shouting them down as 'extremists') just shows what direction this is going in,
One party Neo-Comm PCPism.
Tamas Dzsudzsak
Tamas Dzsudzsak

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Boblo Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:56 am

Tamas Dzsudzsak wrote:
You ignoring my comments about this (as a citizen of eUK) is undemocratic, I know your party has the monopoly in the country (as you already claimed victory) but to ignore the other side comments (not to mention shouting them down as 'extremists') just shows what direction this is going in,

????

No-one is ignoring your comments.

And as for that last bit, I won't comment because I'm not going to risk a ban.....
Bob Boblo
Bob Boblo

Number of posts : 2586
eLocation : Newcastle
Erepublik Username : Bob Boblo
E-rep function: : eUKs Resident Anti-War Pansie
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 am

It's called the The Right Wing UK Communist Reform and Unity Party of 313, Belgium and Lithuania.
Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Number of posts : 2297
eLocation : Northern Ireland
Erepublik Username : Final Destiny
E-rep function: : Former President of the United Kingdom.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Deilos Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 am

Tamas Dzsudzsak wrote:
Deilos wrote:What would you rather we do? Ignore people's demands? How would you feel if we ignored you every time you made a comment that you feel is right but everyone else disagrees with?
Demands?, who is demanding what and what power do they have in eRep to demand it?

The IVF are demanding it, the power they have is their rights as citizens of Erepublik.

An SO making wild claims about a area that in the realms of the game has nothing to do with them, deserves nothing more than to be ignored, as I have said before pampering to them out of some misguided sense of democracy only empowers them.

What a contradiction... They (as citizens of Erepublik) deserve "nothing more than to be ignored" as "pampering to them out of some misguided sense of democracy only empowers them", yet us "ignoring your comments about this (as a citizen of eUK) is undemocratic"?

Just because what they're saying may be unreasonable as far as we're concerned doesn't mean we should ignore them. We talk to them, explain why we aren't willing to give them their country, but listen to them all the same in order to be fair and democratic. If they argue that the people of Belfast want it, for example, we see if this is true and if they do want to be part of the Republic of Ireland, we'd let them be.

It's exactly the same reason that we aren't ignoring them as the reason we aren't ignoring you.

As for the part about having a party monopoly, I don't understand that at all, it's not true (30% is not a majority) but I won't go into this, that's all I'll say on the matter to avoid an argument.
Deilos
Deilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ip Lockard Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Tamas Dzsudzsak wrote:

Can I have this bit justified for me please so that I don't misinterpret it as an attack?
You have 24hrs.
Thanks.
Ip Lockard
Ip Lockard
Admin

Number of posts : 2738
eLocation : Newbury/Wokingham UK
Erepublik Username : Ip Lockard
E-rep function: : Minister of Defence.
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Tamas Dzsudzsak wrote:
Brian Boru wrote:

And in RL (seeing as though you mentioned it) the Irish gave Ulster to England (the treaty is online at the Irish national archive), the only time there has ever been a 'united Ireland' was under British rule, before it was a clan based society, which isn't united in any sense of the word, afterwards the British and Irish agreed to partition due to the people living in the North wanting it.....democracy in action.
To avoid civil war (a more bloody one at any rate).

Regardless of what happened afterwards, his claim that "Ulster was always British" is utter horse s***.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Number of posts : 302
E-rep function: : eIVF Chief of Staff, Irish Congressman, anti-Imperialist.
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by William of Orange Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Ip Lockard wrote:Can I have this bit justified for me please so that I don't misinterpret it as an attack?
You have 24hrs.
Thanks.
Somewhere in another discussion I've been challenged to find an example of someone from the PCP acting in a partisan manner: here it is.

And 30% is an effective majority when the other Parliamentary parties are inactive: this is why we need a party like the Right Party in the Commons.
William of Orange
William of Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathtoll32 Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Umm...What?

It's my personal opinion, and not the UKRP's (just to make sure they don't get blamed for this), that TRP should not be in the HoC.

I do not want extremists such as the famous "Billy Bright" which this article is named for, in the HoC. More reasonable members such as KBoomer, yourself, Bombadil, etc., would obviouslly be able to. But i just don't think that having the TRP is the best idea (with Billy in #1 position)
Deathtoll32
Deathtoll32

Number of posts : 1615
eLocation : West Midlands
Erepublik Username : Deathtoll32
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by malta_1990 Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:10 pm

TRP will not get into the Commons. PZP will overtake them before they do so.
malta_1990
malta_1990

Number of posts : 1797
eLocation : North East, eUK (RL - Valletta, Malta)
Erepublik Username : malta_1990
E-rep function: : Congressman, NHS Director, TA Sergeant, WMI Director and Bank of Newcastle Chairman
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.managerzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next