[ 4 ]
UK elections - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%UK elections - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 14 ]
UK elections - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%UK elections - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 27

UK elections - Page 2 Empty Re: UK elections

Post by chrissetti on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:32 pm

KIA Sneak wrote:Totally agree with Twat-ers. Tbh i've been out of touch with UK politics for a while now, its no fun without Twat-ers and kourosh to argue with.

The fact is Cameron is not the great saviour that we keep being told he is and i'm fed up of the media having a go at Brown. Plus Iím not a Tory fan.

We have fun times ahead to look forward to and it doesnít help to be told our housing market is failing. Ignorance is bliss and telling people there house is worth less is not a good plan. The media is forcing prices down by lowering public expectations.

We will never have a good leader because politics does not praise good leaders it helps charismatic ones with money to buy votes.

The housing 'crisis' was inevitable. a constant bubble of rising prices was just not sustainable, someone who actually counts must have realised soon enough that it was going to burst.
chrissetti
chrissetti

Number of posts : 75
eLocation : Birmingham, UK
Erepublik Username : Chrissetti
E-rep function: : Party President of the People's Zeteticist Party
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Deilos on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:46 am

widdows9000 wrote:
twat-ers wrote:Brown's been very unfortunate, and lots of unforseeable events have occurred. Also, personally, i think he's surrounded by idiots. Our economy is crippled by a war we couldn't afford, and an international downturn. Cameron wouldn't have done better (probably a lot worse), and in my opinion, he's a posh, showboating, attention-seeker. That and he's a Tory. Can't stand Tories.

Lol, Twat-ers is my kind of guy, we agree on everything from forum skins to US/UK politics and the fact that Cameron is a complete posh, up his own arse smarmy git.

100% agree. I can't stand Tories at all. I think that politically I agree most with the Lib Dems or with the supposed ideals of Labour, but generally I don't think that there's anybody who I want to run the eUK at the moment. Maybe that's just because I'm only 15 and don't know much at all about politics, but that's how I feel.
Deilos
Deilos

Number of posts : 2613
eLocation : North West
E-rep function: : Lord, Battle Monkey
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:36 pm

chrissetti wrote:

The housing 'crisis' was inevitable. a constant bubble of rising prices was just not sustainable, someone who actually counts must have realised soon enough that it was going to burst.

i agree and depressions are always going to happen its just a matter of how long we can delay them but what i don't like is the media making the depressions worse by making people believe its worse then it is.†

I'm not for sugar coating it but there just making it worse by being pessimistic.†

Vote me for president and i'll start a war with France Wink. I'll also sort out the economy by shooting the press but tbh your not reading this as you were sold at the war with France promise.†

Yes labour is slowly becoming more like the Tories but that doesn't matter when the Tories are still Tories. Cameron may well be different i don't know but as soon as he wins power do you think the party is going to let him be anything less then Tory? At least with Labour you have a chance.†

I would be very surprised if i'm not attacked for slagging of the Tory party with absolutely no evidence but that’s what i like RL politics your allowed to be stubborn and unreasonable. †
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

Number of posts : 2295
Erepublik Username : KIA Sneak
E-rep function: : GM of Amazon.com and part GM of the PI, EX president of the UK.
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by forkboy on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:30 am

I only want Cameron to win so that Labour continues to disintegrate, it's causing me much amusement.

Could never vote Tory though. I've still got a degree of self-respect! Last time round it was SNP for me.

forkboy

Number of posts : 142
eLocation : eEdinburgh
Erepublik Username : forkboy
E-rep function: : PCP Member, WIU Member
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.last.fm/user/e_r

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:41 am

I'm not sure if I am allowed to vote. I've just got British Citizenship though (Married a Brit) So I'm assuming I'll be able to.

I'm not really into my British Politics. Haven't needed to be though I think Brown is the lesser of two evils (Due to his clowns in cabinet).
Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Number of posts : 2297
eLocation : Northern Ireland
Erepublik Username : Final Destiny
E-rep function: : Former President of the United Kingdom.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissetti on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:45 am

the biggest problem I see is that the Tory's aren't traditional tories, Labour is becoming steadily more right-wing (I think a lot of the 'credit' there goes to Jacqui Smith) and generally everyone's fighting for the middle ground without having any damn principles or ideals.
chrissetti
chrissetti

Number of posts : 75
eLocation : Birmingham, UK
Erepublik Username : Chrissetti
E-rep function: : Party President of the People's Zeteticist Party
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:04 pm

How was a housing crisis inevitable? I completely disagree. Granted, the current rate of growth was unsustainable (and the fact that it persisted for so long, in spite of economic forecasts to the contrary, can only be to the credit of the government, and shows unprecedented confidence in the economy by the consumer, and by businesses). However, this only necessitates a slowdown, not a downturn. The crisis we face now is mainly to do with international pressures, the massively inflated cost of oil (arguably partly Blair's fault, but definitely not Brown's) reducing expendable income, and putting people off moving homes; the sub-prime crisis (caused by uncontrolled capitalist greed) which has lead to restrictions on the availability of credit, which lead to the run on Northern Rock in particular, and the uncertainty fallout from that; and another large factor is our sensationalist press, who tend to hyperbolise everything, which further undermines consumer confidence.
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:45 am

twat-ers wrote:How was a housing crisis inevitable? I completely disagree. Granted, the current rate of growth was unsustainable (and the fact that it persisted for so long, in spite of economic forecasts to the contrary, can only be to the credit of the government, and shows unprecedented confidence in the economy by the consumer, and by businesses). However, this only necessitates a slowdown, not a downturn. The crisis we face now is mainly to do with international pressures, the massively inflated cost of oil (arguably partly Blair's fault, but definitely not Brown's) reducing expendable income, and putting people off moving homes; the sub-prime crisis (caused by uncontrolled capitalist greed) which has lead to restrictions on the availability of credit, which lead to the run on Northern Rock in particular, and the uncertainty fallout from that; and another large factor is our sensationalist press, who tend to hyperbolise everything, which further undermines consumer confidence.
it was inevitable because it was becoming unstable. I don't remember much from economics but i remember the graph which depicts growth. There was always going to be peaks and troves and it was the government’s job to try and keep the line as flat (positive correlation) as possible (eliminating depressions) but they will always occur some time.†

I think it could of been delayed and i think it could be handled better (we could only have a short depressions if it wasn’t for the pessimistic views of some) but i think depressions are always inevitable it’s just a matter of when.†

This said it is not the current governments fault as such because the options taken during Bair’s terms weren’t long term. We are seeing a lot of problems now which were delayed from previous years.
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

E-rep function: : GM of Amazon.com and part GM of the PI, EX president of the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by twaters on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:59 am

Emphasis on the word 'crisis'. While the existing growth wasn't sustainable, a 'crisis' wasn't inevitable. Something had to change, but the current situation, and the severity of it is, in my opinion, largely due to outside factors.
twaters
twaters

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KIA Sneak on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:10 am

twat-ers wrote:Emphasis on the word 'crisis'. While the existing growth wasn't sustainable, a 'crisis' wasn't inevitable. Something had to change, but the current situation, and the severity of it is, in my opinion, largely due to outside factors.
Surely the crisis was inevitable too. The government wanted to keep demand high and money flowing so in our market that meant low interest rates to increase the number of loans thus stimulating the housing market.†

The only problem is theres only so much you can borrow so As time went on and we were lending more and more we would have to eventually say no as there would be nothing more to loan. Somewhere along the line it was inevitable that people wouldn't pay back all they were meant to. The fact that this happened in foreign countries first and triggered northern rock etc doesn't make a difference. The growth was unsustainable and therefore had to collapse eventually.

Even the government went for benefit now problems later policies which given another year or so would of caused crisis.†

Yes we can blame fuel problems but surely they where expected? Shouldn’t we blame those who are meant to see the problems on the horizon and steer us clear? Well we seem to be doing that now but when you’re already in the mind field its not exactly the spotters fault.†
KIA Sneak
KIA Sneak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum