Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Destiny Chronicle

+7
William of Orange
jerryGFL
tim09
shadow
Mephit
Rayf Drayson
Final Destiny
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Destiny Chronicle - Page 2 Empty Re: The Destiny Chronicle

Post by Dishmcds Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:04 pm

I see two proposals for the market. Is that going to help every sector? Yes RO helped, then they left about 500 Q1 weapons on the market well after it was over and sullied my weapons market to where I had to raise import taxes. So it hurt just as much.
Dishmcds
Dishmcds

Number of posts : 4820
eLocation : Liverpool, UK
Erepublik Username : Dishmcds
E-rep function: : Aurum Partner, UK President
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:22 am

A Date with Destiny: Politics of the United Kingdom

On my way to Edinburgh I stopped by the North-West to visit the pub me and my old friend Paul Hudson thrashed out the first Manifesto of The Unity Party. It brought back memories of the times when the Old UKRP (I emphasises Old as New UKRP is very different) excluded some good people from Government resulting in some poor Ministers. I smiled as I remembered in June we managed to change that. Giving more powers to Congress, Mayors and Ministers. I left the North-West and set off to Edinburgh. Now I stand before a crowd at Edinburgh to deliver my Politics Platform. So without further delay...

Working with Congress

No matter who gets in they will need to be able to work with Congress. Not even UK Reform can pass legislation without the approval of 9 Congressmen from outside UK Reform. Now in the past I have never worked without Congress. I believe in consulting Congress on all issues to debate and come up with the best solution to problems for the United Kingdom. I will not shy away from Congress if I think they won't approve my legislation I will work with them and debate them.

I remember a time when Congress was simply not consulted on anything. What resulted was once the great leader left we was left with a poor government. I will not allow that to ever happen again in the United Kingdom.

Ministers

The United Kingdom has over time developed one of the best system of Ministers in Erepublik. My Presidency saw for the first time the best men selected for the job. Regardless of political affiliation. I'm proud to say this is now common practise in the United Kingdom. I will of course continue this practise.

I will look at the current Ministers and approach people I think are best suited for the job. I will meet in my first few days off office with all (providing they turn up.) Party Presidents and ask what they think. I am not a man who will not take on board advise I believe it is better to surround yourself with wise men. Even if they disagree with me on some issues.

I'm hoping to get a cabinet formed within a week of being elected. Until then current ministers will continue their duties. Should they be unable to I will take on board the jobs myself or delegate them to my running mate Squiddy.

To make sure Ministers new and old understand their job I will give them a welcome pack containing:
- What their duties are.
- What they should be aiming to achieve in the Long and Short term.
- Further Advise

I will expect them to report to Congress every two weeks on their progress. So that everyone can decide if they are doing a good enough job. If a Congress feels that they are not they can call for a vote of no confidence and I'll decide if they should be sacked or not.

Belgian Devolution

Though this would need to be debated in Congress. I am for giving the Belgians more control over their regions. It is possible they could be independent one day and I feel they need to be as best prepared as possible. I drew up a plan for an Irish Parliament during the Victor takeover when we was discussing a possible merger to save them. It of course never happened (Thank God as believe me you wouldn't want that can of worms opened.) but when drawing it up I saw we could give Belgium more power. So I will be debating in Congress once more Belgian Devolution.

Foreign Affairs

I will of course abide by the ATLANTIS Treaty. Though know this I will not be bullied into sending our troops to perform acts of aggression. ATLANTIS is supposed to be a defensive alliance not a army that Foreign Powers can call upon to swallow up other nations.

Like all other candidates I will honour the pledge made back in April to see a free Australia once again. We will do this by any means necessary. The same goes for our fallen allies in Switzerland who was cruelly robbed of it's sovereignty by the French and Italians for what I still believe to be one of the worst excuses for declaring war ever. That being said I am open to helping with peaceful negotiation on the matter.

I would also like to take this moment to assure the Irish that their neutrality will be respected under my leadership. As our best friends since December you will have nothing to worry about from across the Irish Sea. I would like to see a new agreement between us and the Irish as the The Blind Old Noun Accords is rather outdated now.

Final Word

No real surprises for those of you who were around for my Government in June. I believe we all agree that after Elections it's best to work together to solve the nations problems. After all it's not about cheap point scoring or increasing our ego's it's about making this country better.

My next stop is Brussels to talk about Military before my last stop in London to give my final speech. I would also like to take this moment to thank the United Belgian Party for their endorsement yesterday. I am humbled and will see you all in Brussels soon.

--------------
YouTube Tag ain't working Sad I mean Ingame Article:
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/a-date-with-destiny-politics-of-the-united-kingdom-695013/1
Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Number of posts : 2297
eLocation : Northern Ireland
Erepublik Username : Final Destiny
E-rep function: : Former President of the United Kingdom.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephit Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 pm

There you go boyo. Smile
Mephit
Mephit

Number of posts : 519
eLocation : Oxford (RL: Reading)
Erepublik Username : Mephit
E-rep function: : Comrade Citizen
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:18 am

<3
--------
A Date with Destiny: Military of the United Kingdom

As me and my campaign manager crossed the channel to the Belgian region of the United Kingdom. My mind wandered back to my Military career. I never got very involved in Military Affairs before my Presidency. I was always more focused on my jobs as Belfast's Mayor, Regional Council President and Congressman. Though once I made Number 10 and Indonesia declared war on South Africa I was much more involved. I asked Congress permission to deploy our Paratroopers to the USA who were allies of South Africa. I then flew out to meet with the USA Military leaders and plan strategy.

After my Presidency and my Marriage I decided I wanted the life of a Soldier. So me, Jasperking and Relic started a Mercenary force called the Spears of Destiny. We helped the UK Paratroopers on the battlefield in both the Sweden-Germany (Round 2) War and the Indonesia-South Africa war. So I have first hand experience of what a Soldier needs and what it takes to be a good commander.

Military Structure

The United Kingdom from the very beginning has had one of the most organised Military Structures in Erepublik. I don't really honestly want to change much about it. I would like to see more recruitment and the reserves being armed to help our Weapons markets. Medics would also be a nice addition though the current system rarely has let us down in the past.

War what is it good for?

Now I can't go into great detail in this article (Zee spies are everywhere). So I'll have to keep my lips pressed tight on any structural changes. Though I'd like to make it so that reasons for past wars are released to the public. Many still do not know why we supported Romania to invade Hungary. I believe the public deserve to know the truth.

Final Word

This one had to be short for national security purposes. Though now we reach the climax of the campaign. I will make one final speech in London tonight. Completing my tour of the United Kingdom. I've been to Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Belgium. Now all that's left is England and to deliver one last speech before I sit back at the Election party with my supporters.

If you want to read all my Platform feel free by clicking on the links at the bottom that lead to the Social, Economic and political platforms. See you all in a few hours in London.

Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Final Destiny Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:00 am

Final Destiny’s Concession Speech.

Today we have seen the citizens of the United Kingdom elect their 7th
President in Dishmcds of the UK Reform party. Dish is a man of vast
experience and I know from working with him as President of the United
Kingdom in June when he was President of the USA that he is a capable
and decent individual. Though I disagree with some of his policies. I
am of course going to support him in helping the United Kingdom get
back on it’s feet. The Unity Party is about just that making a better
country through strong bi-partisan politics.

I’d like to thank
all those who voted for me. It is nice to know that even though I
didn’t win I was wanted as President by a good portion of the voters. I
would like to come back and win over your support in December. Though
that will be up to my party and I hope we have a good primary election
just after Party Elections to decide our next candidate. We have some
work to do in improving our Party. We used to be in June the second
largest party in the United Kingdom. We have a good core but that needs
to be expanded upon in order for us to challenge the likes of the UK
Reform party once again.

To my fellow defeated candidate Tim09.
I wish all the best in his fight for Australia to be freed and best of
luck in the future. You run a good campaign and many feel that if I did
not run you would be President now. That may well be true but no one
really knows which way all my voters would of swung. Besides I was not
going to disappoint those people who wanted me to run and as their
President.

Now enough of the past let us all look to the future.
We have a difficult month ahead so lets get our heads down and start
the work before we have to go through these campaigns all over again in
December. What will this month bring us? War or Peace? Fortune or Ruin?
It’s not just the winner of this election that decides this but all of
us here in the United Kingdom. So I say lets get this show on the road.

- Final Destiny: TUP Candidate

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/final-destiny-s-concession-speech--695902/1

Final Destiny
Final Destiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2