Erepublikans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could you put erepublik on your CV?

+8
Will Salmon
John Forseti
Taytaz
malta_1990
Silver Strike
William of Orange
Squiddy
KBoomer
12 posters

Go down

Could you put erepublik on your CV? Empty Could you put erepublik on your CV?

Post by KBoomer Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:13 pm

I was just thinking about this, I mean like some of you have organised a group of 700 people with jobs, tax rates, elections, government bodies. It's quite a feat.

Surely you should be able to add such things to your CV without being laughed out the room?
KBoomer
KBoomer

Number of posts : 674
eLocation : UK, Liverpool on Erepublik
Erepublik Username : KBoomer
E-rep function: : TRP Big Beast, Westminster enthusiast, Constitutional counterpoint
Registration date : 2008-03-01

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Unconcerned/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Could you put erepublik on your CV? Empty Re: Could you put erepublik on your CV?

Post by Squiddy Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:19 pm

I can personally guarantee that you would get laughed out of the room within a split second, should an employer choose to question that entry on your CV.

Stupidly enough, it is my belief that most companies are very far behind in most accounts with technology. Just look at an average companies set of computers..

It should, just as many other games which involve a lot of organisation, count but I seriously doubt it would.

Maybe in about 20 years...
Squiddy
Squiddy

Number of posts : 2381
eLocation : London, England
Erepublik Username : Squiddy
E-rep function: : President of TUP, Congressman, MoFA, Reserve CO, Director at Zycon and Executive Director at BMA
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Could you put erepublik on your CV? Empty Re: Could you put erepublik on your CV?

Post by William of Orange Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm

A number of organisations now include a check of social networking site profiles when vetting candidates: I imagine putting this on your CV would put you in the same bracket as someone who has lots of "applications" on his Facebook profile (ie too much time on the internet: probably a pervert).
William of Orange
William of Orange

Number of posts : 808
eLocation : Belfast, UK
Erepublik Username : William of Orange
E-rep function: : Cpl, C Pl, PARA; Manager, Empire Weapons
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiddy Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:05 pm

William of Orange wrote:A number of organisations now include a check of social networking site profiles when vetting candidates: I imagine putting this on your CV would put you in the same bracket as someone who has lots of "applications" on his Facebook profile (ie too much time on the internet: probably a perverted paeodphiliac intent on bragging about his sexual awareness that has recently ended a long-term relationship with his best mates daughter ).

Fixed.
Squiddy
Squiddy

Number of posts : 2381
eLocation : London, England
Erepublik Username : Squiddy
E-rep function: : President of TUP, Congressman, MoFA, Reserve CO, Director at Zycon and Executive Director at BMA
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KBoomer Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Well if you put on your CV, I've organised a group of 700 hundred people including budgeting. That'd be good, but if it's on the internet...well then you suck.
KBoomer
KBoomer

Number of posts : 674
eLocation : UK, Liverpool on Erepublik
Erepublik Username : KBoomer
E-rep function: : TRP Big Beast, Westminster enthusiast, Constitutional counterpoint
Registration date : 2008-03-01

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Unconcerned/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Strike Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

i wont be in a job for aaaggeess, so who knows, maybe it wont be as long as 20 years
Silver Strike
Silver Strike

Number of posts : 174
eLocation : London
Erepublik Username : Silver Strike
E-rep function: : Member of UKRP & eUK ambassador to eSouth Africa
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by malta_1990 Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:48 am

Well, I would not mention it, but if your potential boss is fun enough, he could like it. Although having said that, you would look like a loser.
malta_1990
malta_1990

Number of posts : 1797
eLocation : North East, eUK (RL - Valletta, Malta)
Erepublik Username : malta_1990
E-rep function: : Congressman, NHS Director, TA Sergeant, WMI Director and Bank of Newcastle Chairman
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.managerzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taytaz Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am

I think the boss would politely end the interview andncough trying not to laughp
Taytaz
Taytaz

Number of posts : 3846
eLocation : New South Wales, Australia
Erepublik Username : Taytaz
E-rep function: : Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs, PCP Congressman, Commander of Australian Defence Force
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by John Forseti Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:59 am

Unless he was on Erep too.
John Forseti
John Forseti

Number of posts : 233
eLocation : North East, eUK
Erepublik Username : John Forseti
E-rep function: : Royal Guard Sgt | Unity Party Member
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:08 am

In which case you realise it's Rastari you are talking to and become overwhelmed by his verbal spamming Razz
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Number of posts : 457
eLocation : Walloon
Erepublik Username : Will Salmon
E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rastari Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 am

how do you know i'm not your boss already will?
rastari
rastari

Number of posts : 2428
eLocation : india
Erepublik Username : rastari
E-rep function: : member of pcp
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless Dingo Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 am

I've hired and fired people for companies before (up to a year ago) and there are certain things that set alarm bells ringing in a CV.

1. Listing computers in your interests. You may as well admit that you stay up at night alternately masturbating like a demented monkey and trying to speed-level your WoW Shaman.

2. Listing an online game as "Experience" - with all due respect to people who lead large groups in a game (because I know how difficult it can be to corral and direct a bunch of yahoos like gamers) this is not something an employer wants to hear. What it actually says is "I will be tired and crabby in the morning because I was up all night trying to get a load of gamers to do the same thing at the same time. Hell, I may fall asleep at my desk/wheel/station later on. Also, when your back's turned guess what I'll be doing instead of working..."

3. And don't get me started on what some people considered to be "education".

Having said all that the best guy I ever employed was covered in tats, obsessed with Trent Reznor and admitted his online game habit in the interview. Oh, and that his son was called Reznor.

Additionally, you have to admire a guy who can get that past his wife.
Fearless Dingo
Fearless Dingo

Number of posts : 103
eLocation : Lahndahn
Erepublik Username : Fearless Dingo
E-rep function: : Turd-polisher and dogsbody
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Json Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:25 am

Depends on what job you are applying for doesnt it Very Happy

// Json
Json
Json

Number of posts : 944
eLocation : United Kingdom
Erepublik Username : Json
E-rep function: : Nooblet
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.auruminternational.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless Dingo Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Absolutely. For example if you wanted to be an admin you would state:

Interests: Erepublik, money, being biased towards France, being French, French stuff.
Fearless Dingo
Fearless Dingo

Number of posts : 103
eLocation : Lahndahn
Erepublik Username : Fearless Dingo
E-rep function: : Turd-polisher and dogsbody
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Salmon Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Fearless Dingo wrote:Absolutely. For example if you wanted to be an admin you would state:

Interests: Erepublik, money, being biased towards France, being French, French stuff.

LOL!
Will Salmon
Will Salmon

Number of posts : 457
eLocation : Walloon
Erepublik Username : Will Salmon
E-rep function: : MDU party member, MoMS Assistant, RN Colonel to A Company, British High Commissioner to Australia
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndieKid Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Yep sums up admins
IndieKid
IndieKid

Number of posts : 597
eLocation : Yorkshire & Humberside
Erepublik Username : IndieKid
E-rep function: : MDU Congressman for Y&H
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down